Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NetJet code K444404 - Problems Using?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 2:55 pm

I used it Sweden and Denmark with no problems
Old May 30, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by alterman
I used it Sweden and Denmark with no problems
Sweden and Denmark are not Avis corporate, which may be the reason why you had no trouble using a code that is even NetJet members (like I am) have been advised not to use any more!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I am thinking of using this code at LHR. Any experience?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Do the following posts, from earlier in this thread, answer your questions?

Originally Posted by USirritated
I just spoke with someone very high up in Avis, and officially, K444404 has been red flagged for anyone who uses it. If the rental locations miss that AWD at time of rental, then both the renting location AND the renting customer, no matter what the customer's status is, will get a call from Avis Corporate security and may be pursued for fraud.

The reason for the red flagging is that this code has been used and abused by people who do not have the right to use it, and it is no longer an active AWD number for rentals. It is now only for Chairman's Club qualifications, and she went on to say that this number has been posted too many times in FlyerTalk, and this contributed to the abuse.

So now the mystery is cleared up, so a word to the wise......
Originally Posted by UpgradedFirst
For sure it's YMMV. I just used again yesterday without issues.
You might notice that the information from an Avis higher up that I received did not say it was impossible to use it, but that both the customer and the renting location will get a call from Avis Corporate security (presumeably after the rental is complete). So, please advise us, if/when you get a call from Avis Corporate Security regarding this rental and your use of the code.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:06 pm

I used it 2 weeks ago at a location I frequent and have never had an issue. Either it isn't flagged or security isn't following up.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
I used it 2 weeks ago at a location I frequent and have never had an issue. Either it isn't flagged or security isn't following up.
Good to know that someone can still use it. As a NetJets Chairman's Club member, I asked to use that code on one of my own rentals, and was told that it was no longer available, even though it is a NetJets AWD specifically for Chairman's Club members, which is what I am. I guess the Avis computer system is like swiss cheese!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:57 am

Good to know that someone can still use it. As a NetJets Chairman's Club member, I asked to use that code on one of my own rentals, and was told that it was no longer available, even though it is a NetJets AWD specifically for Chairman's Club members, which is what I am. I guess the Avis computer system is like swiss cheese!
I don't understand why they don't just invalidate it on their website booking system - should be easy I think?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:43 am

I don't understand why they don't get rid of it either. As a NetJets nominee, they have already given me the replacement AWD number, which is now listed on my account. However, when I was checking different AWD numbers that I have to see which would give me the better rate on a recent reservation, I was told that K444404 was being used fraudulently by too many people who were not entitled, and if I tried to use it, then I would (or may) get a call from Avis Corporate Security, and the renting location might also get a call, and that my rental could be subject to being rebilled at an adjusted rate. This was confirmed on a follow up call that I made to the Chairman's department (not reservations, but the department that handles Chairman's memberships), who advised the same and told me not to try to use that number anymore.n The whole scenario makes no sense.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
Originally Posted by erik123
I use it all the time. No problem what so ever. Avis is just trying to scare people to not getting discount. Remember some guy from Avis trying to sue/charge people on FT using the discount codes? I know few people even post their code like C356672 to get more discount and kick backs.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:36 pm

I don't understand why they don't get rid of it either. As a NetJets nominee, they have already given me the replacement AWD number, which is now listed on my account. However, when I was checking different AWD numbers that I have to see which would give me the better rate on a recent reservation, I was told that K444404 was being used fraudulently by too many people who were not entitled, and if I tried to use it, then I would (or may) get a call from Avis Corporate Security, and the renting location might also get a call, and that my rental could be subject to being rebilled at an adjusted rate. This was confirmed on a follow up call that I made to the Chairman's department (not reservations, but the department that handles Chairman's memberships), who advised the same and told me not to try to use that number anymore.n The whole scenario makes no sense.
The scenario makes sense if you don't assume that everything that has been posted on this thread is true.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by sapman986
The scenario makes sense if you don't assume that everything that has been posted on this thread is true.
No, the scenario makes no sense because I was told not to use it by two different departments at Avis! What makes no sense is, why Avis does not cancel that AWD number!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:53 pm

I got busted in Turks and Caicos, had to pay full price for rental. They noticed right away and asked for proof of Netjets, they also had a list of customers who were eligible for the discount. I complained and said my company booked it for me and I was gonna sue and blah blah blah.....going to take my business elsewhere....blah blah blah..... They were all excited they finally bagged a Netjet cheat like me. They were laughing and I finally had to laugh with them. I told them I got away with it in St Lucia a year earlier and we all laughed again. Guess it all evens out in the end. Heading to Antigua in Feb 2011, think I will use it again, as Avis website is letting me input again. I even got a letter from Avis about the Turks incident, they wanted me to prove I was a Netjetter. Guess I'll book Avis and have a back up just in case.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by tinkin
I got busted in Turks and Caicos, had to pay full price for rental. They noticed right away and asked for proof of Netjets, they also had a list of customers who were eligible for the discount. I complained and said my company booked it for me and I was gonna sue and blah blah blah.....going to take my business elsewhere....blah blah blah..... They were all excited they finally bagged a Netjet cheat like me. They were laughing and I finally had to laugh with them. I told them I got away with it in St Lucia a year earlier and we all laughed again. Guess it all evens out in the end. Heading to Antigua in Feb 2011, think I will use it again, as Avis website is letting me input again. I even got a letter from Avis about the Turks incident, they wanted me to prove I was a Netjetter. Guess I'll book Avis and have a back up just in case.
If you were a Chairman's Club member, I doubt you would have had any problem, because NetJets sponsors their users for CC.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

Just used the code again and got a great discount for vacation. Hope I don't get popped at the counter, I'll just send in the wife.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:29 pm

Guess I shouldn't even try to use this code in Turks and Caicos, huh? Argh...can't find any deals there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.