Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by qazw1
Do not try this code. It gives a rate double the lowest available rate with no discount code. Not sure what kind of game this poster is playing.

why the accusations without knowing all the details? who says it's a terrible rate for everyone, everywhere, YOU? You act as if someone puts in the code, they automatically have to pay it. It's just one more code we all can try. It was not the best rate for me at LAX, but it was better than many codes posted here.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jmw2323

why the accusations without knowing all the details? who says it's a terrible rate for everyone, everywhere, YOU? You act as if someone puts in the code, they automatically have to pay it. It's just one more code we all can try. It was not the best rate for me at LAX, but it was better than many codes posted here.
It is a matter of considering the source. The person who posts the code has posted one time per year, and only one time per year, for 5 out of the last 7 years. S/he has not posted in any other thread or forum, only the Avis Discount thread. Doesn't that seem suspicious to you?
Old May 21, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by USirritated
It is a matter of considering the source. The person who posts the code has posted one time per year, and only one time per year, for 5 out of the last 7 years. S/he has not posted in any other thread or forum, only the Avis Discount thread. Doesn't that seem suspicious to you?
Not really and what difference does it make. Try the code. If it's good for you, great. If it isn't, no one is holding a gun to your head to book at that rate.

I try a lot of codes and google the code to hopefully find more info about said code

Last edited by jmw2323; May 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm
Old May 25, 2013, 5:16 pm

Z4589019 seems to give better rates sometimes
Old May 25, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by shermanx
Z4589019 seems to give better rates sometimes
Do you happen to know what company, association, or entity that Z4589019 is tied to?
Old May 27, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323
Not really and what difference does it make. Try the code. If it's good for you, great. If it isn't, no one is holding a gun to your head to book at that rate.

I try a lot of codes and google the code to hopefully find more info about said code
I disagree. This thread and this site do not need people spamming junk codes for personal profit. And imho that is what that is.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by trajanc
I disagree. This thread and this site do not need people spamming junk codes for personal profit. And imho that is what that is.
+1

Very well said.
Old May 27, 2013, 6:49 pm

Are there any codes that may work for specialty cars? I was thinking of renting a BMW later this summer.
Old May 29, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Any good coupon for $$ off per day?
Old May 30, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA,UN
Hi All!

Can anyone beat Hertz? I am looking to rent a car for 7 days, one-way in Europe this summer. Details are as follows:

Pickup:
Milan Malpensa (MXP), 07/30

Drop-off:
Munich (MUC), 08/06

After AAA discount and a 20% off Hertz coupon I get quoted $1234 for a midsize car. Can anyone beat this with AVIS?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Old May 30, 2013, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JoSpaghetti
Hi All!
Can anyone beat Hertz? I am looking to rent a car for 7 days, one-way in Europe this summer. Details are as follows:
Pickup:
Milan Malpensa (MXP), 07/30
Drop-off:
Munich (MUC), 08/06
After AAA discount and a 20% off Hertz coupon I get quoted $1234 for a midsize car. Can anyone beat this with AVIS?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!
How about reading some of the posts here and trying some of those AWDs. @:-)
Old May 30, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA,UN
Originally Posted by SFO777
How about reading some of the posts here and trying some of those AWDs. @:-)

working on it, so far no success
Old May 31, 2013, 3:07 pm

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread.

Looking at weekly rental in July and researching the various AWD codes the USAA code is giving the best rate. On the advice read here I went ahead and signed up for a USAA checking and savings account. My question is do those that have used this code in the past feel this is enough to qualify me for legitimate use of the USAA AWD code? I know nothing is 100%, but just don't want to get there and be stuck with a full rate rental.

Also, is it possible to stack coupons/promotions with the USAA AWD code? Based on my dates not finding an coupons/promotions I can test with.

Thanks!!

Last edited by justbuy; May 31, 2013 at 3:08 pm Reason: Spelling error
Old May 31, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by justbuy
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread.

Looking at weekly rental in July and researching the various AWD codes the USAA code is giving the best rate. On the advice read here I went ahead and signed up for a USAA checking and savings account. My question is do those that have used this code in the past feel this is enough to qualify me for legitimate use of the USAA AWD code? I know nothing is 100%, but just don't want to get there and be stuck with a full rate rental.

Also, is it possible to stack coupons/promotions with the USAA AWD code? Based on my dates not finding an coupons/promotions I can test with.

Thanks!!
As far as I know, it is incredibly unlikely that a renter will ever be challenged while using an insurance company AWD number. Since there are any number of ways to qualify for an insurance company or investment company discount code, PLUS, no one is expected to carry copies of their various insurance policies or investment accounts just to rent a car (homeowners, auto, life, health, business, liability, hospitalization, renters insurances, plus, checking/savings, investment, or annuity accounts, just to name a few).

As for using coupons with AWD numbers, you will have to try each coupon number individually to find out. Some AWD numbers do not allow coupons, or only certain kinds of discounts, such as one car class upgrade allowed, but not $20 off on weekends, not one free weekend day, or not $30 off weekly rates, etc. The only way to figure it out is to call rez and ask to try different discount coupon numbers, or to do it yourself on avis.com. Keep in mind, that even though one AWD number might give you a better rate than others you tried, but do not allow coupon codes to be used, so it might actually be more beneficial to use a different AWD, with a higher rate, but which does allow coupon codes to be used, so the net rate is less. As an example, if the USAA rate gives you a weekly rate of $215.00 per week, but no coupon codes allowed, and some other AWD gives you a rate of $232.00 per week, but allows a $30 off weekly rate coupon code to be used, then the higher rate AWD nets out $202.00, which would be $13.00 less than the USAA rate. Complicated, yes, but you will have to decide how much effort it is worth to get the rate you want to have.

Hope that helps you.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: US Airways, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
I am looking for a discount code that is good for weekly rental (10 days). The codes I use give me the daily rate times 10 days (too expensive). Can't seem to find a code that is good for a weekly rental only.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.