Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by USirritated
It seemed like you were complaining, otherwise, why ask for "any others?"

And for the record, I am not irritated by lots of things, my name refers to being irritated by USAirways only.
I am asking for any other confirmations that the code works fine. It seemed to good to be true.

I might not have been sufficiently clear or precise but not complaining.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by beachfan
I am asking for any other confirmations that the code works fine. It seemed to good to be true.

I might not have been sufficiently clear or precise but not complaining.
Glad to know, and have you received any confirmations about the code yet? I would be interested in knowing too.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:25 pm

Avis.com (US)
$50 Off Weekly SUV Rental + Free Ski Rack

Expires: Apr 30, 2011

Receive $50 off a weekly SUV rental & receive a free ski rack rental.

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/rese...NUMBER=K488100

list of participating locations:
http://www.avis.com/avis/html/bridge...ki10_locs.html
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
You are saying that at Hertz, for a rental at DCA, pick up on April 1, drop off on April 4, that you rented a compact car for $43, less a $10 coupon, reflecting $33 all in for a three day weekend rental?
No, a Hertz weekend rental of 3 days at DCA is $43 for a compact on AAA rate (booked on aaa.com) including their $10/day off coupon. IAD is much cheaper and I get the same rentals for $29 (if booked on aaa.com) and $33 on Hertz.com. For some reasons the AAA rates comes out less when booked as a member on aaa.com instead of hertz.com for same CDP and PC coupon.

However, no Chairman's upgrade
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by plannerboy
Update:

I was getting the error message noted above. I logged into my Avis account and changed My Preferences to show A972200 as my AWD. Now when I retrieve my reservations I do not get the error message. And I does not matter if I search for my reservation logged in to my account or not.

Hopefully this is the solution and this great code will continue to work.
This worked to help me get back the old base rates. HOWEVER, on one way i used to pay .25 per mile, and now the rate is .40 per mile.

It seems there has been some "movement" on the AWD.

Any suggestions for good one ways?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by AndrewA
This worked to help me get back the old base rates. HOWEVER, on one way i used to pay .25 per mile, and now the rate is .40 per mile.

It seems there has been some "movement" on the AWD.

Any suggestions for good one ways?
The A972200 AWD number, for Farmers/Zurich Insurance has had some comments recently about being discontinued, so use of it might default you to some type of non-discounted rate, but that is just a guess on my part.

Have you tried doing a search in the Avis forum for "Avis one way deals" (or similar variations, including: rates, discounts, coupons, etc.) and seeing what comes up? I know that I have listed the one way AWD numbers that I know about in Avis threads before. Do a little homework, if you are not willing to try to help yourself (meaning basic research), then you should not expect others to be jumping up and down to help you.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:41 am

Currently in process of booking one way rental from San Fran to Phoenix, 9 day rental in August. Used my Costco membership and got what seems to have been a decent deal but then when I put in this code X846850 , the price drops by $60 (659 to 594), anybody know what Corporation this belongs to and if Avis will ask for some sort of corporate ID ?
thanks
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:18 am

If you had been able to do the reverse trip (AZ->CA) before the end of May, you could have taken advantage of one-way specials with Avis ($16/day) or Hertz ($5/day).
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:31 am

The A972200 AWD number, for Farmers/Zurich Insurance has had some comments recently about being discontinued, so use of it might default you to some type of non-discounted rate, but that is just a guess on my part.

Have you tried doing a search in the Avis forum for "Avis one way deals" (or similar variations, including: rates, discounts, coupons, etc.) and seeing what comes up? I know that I have listed the one way AWD numbers that I know about in Avis threads before. Do a little homework, if you are not willing to try to help yourself (meaning basic research), then you should not expect others to be jumping up and down to help you.
Yeah, thanks. I was just continuing the discussion about that rate being changed. A rep told me today she thinks it must have been renegotiated.

I lhave combed these forums and the web for good one ways, but nothing is like the old FI.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:57 pm

Yeah, thanks. I was just continuing the discussion about that rate being changed. A rep told me today she thinks it must have been renegotiated.

I lhave combed these forums and the web for good one ways, but nothing is like the old FI.
Please see my post #2034, among others, regarding possible, good one-way rate codes.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:42 pm

Please see my post #2034, among others, regarding possible, good one-way rate codes.
Thanks. Walmart works okay, but not like FI. Pity.

Do they check ID for Walmart?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:56 pm

need code for OGG

HAve to rent through Avis , all I have is costco code--any others out there?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:07 am

Thanks. Walmart works okay, but not like FI. Pity.

Do they check ID for Walmart?
AFAIK, no, they do not, but of course, as always, YMMV.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:10 pm

I just tried the A972200 rate (FI) for a two day one way rental from San Francisco to San Jose via Big Sur. Rate came back considerably lower than anything else. $66 with the code. The Florida Golf Entertainment code C066983 was $120 for the rental. Every other code I had was around $200.

I am not a Farmers/Zurich customer. Has anyone ever had to "prove" any membership/coverage with this code?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ysuindy
I just tried the A972200 rate (FI) for a two day one way rental from San Francisco to San Jose via Big Sur. Rate came back considerably lower than anything else. $66 with the code. The Florida Golf Entertainment code C066983 was $120 for the rental. Every other code I had was around $200.
I am not a Farmers/Zurich customer. Has anyone ever had to "prove" any membership/coverage with this code?
Never, and I use it almost every week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.