Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Took responsibility of car damage, pre-hire photo's shows I was wrong...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 7:02 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP

Apologies for the long post, but hope to get some pointers/feeback on what to do next?

So, I hired a car through AVIS driving from SYD - BNE back in April.

My Preferred membership is through my work so using my work mail address to get the "perks" (which btw was more or less non existing) with AVIS.
The pre-hire photo's of the vehicle were ofc sent to my work mail address - which I didn't look at as I decided to not check my work mail during my vacation - and did a quick walk around of the car, and all looked fine.

Got to Tamworth, and as I was parking the car at the hotel, I hit a low wall, very lightly at 2 km/h, but it made a sound (loud enough for me to react to) and I checked it out. Saw that the lower front bumper plastic part was damaged (like cracked). I had full AUD 350 own liability, so thought well OK this why I took the full insurance and let it go...

Arrived at BNE and told AVIS the whole story, that I was at fault 100% and signed the insurance papers.
Had a fab time in Brisbane (what an utter lovely place) and decided to maybe have a quick look at the pre-hire photos, though my work mail - Lo and Behold, the front bumper was actually already damaged, so the sound I heard must have been something else.

I went back to AVIS BNE as we were flying back to SYD before heading back home to Europe, and told them what I had discovered... The manager was called and she told me she had looked at the photo's and all was as I said.
I was then told to await the final insurance papers to come from them, to then dispute it with the evidence that was on file. This was 5 weeks ago.
The AUD 350 was deducted for the insurance, which I kind of expected before the whole case could be reversed and I could then be reimbursed.

Now in the meanwhile, I see AVIS have deducted AUD 78.33 that I have no idea what relates to, as all the papers were signed off (i.e. no other issues, full tank of petrol etc etc)..

I was kind of OK with every thing up until AVIS decided to make an additional deduction - out of the blue, so what is my next move?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.