Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC Avis Late Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:29 am
Original Poster

SJC Avis Late Pick Up

My AA flight will arrive at 10:28pm, will I have enough time to pick up the vehicle? SJC avis open until 12:00am, if flight delayed, what should I do? How about SFO avis, is it 24 hours? Thank you for your advice.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I can't speak specifically for SJC, but if you have your flight # on your reservation, they are supposed to wait for your flight before closing. Not 100% fool-proof, but I've had them wait for me when this happens (I've also been left at a site without an employee and having to Uber to the hotel or walk to another agency). If you're not delayed, should be no problem getting the car before closure. And SFO is 24 hours according to Avis.com.

Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I can't speak specifically for SJC, but if you have your flight # on your reservation, they are supposed to wait for your flight before closing. Not 100% fool-proof, but I've had them wait for me when this happens (I've also been left at a site without an employee and having to Uber to the hotel or walk to another agency). If you're not delayed, should be no problem getting the car before closure. And SFO is 24 hours according to Avis.com.

Thank you for your advice. SFO seems a better choice.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
My AA flight will arrive at 10:28pm, will I have enough time to pick up the vehicle? SJC avis open until 12:00am, if flight delayed, what should I do? How about SFO avis, is it 24 hours? Thank you for your advice.
So I think the 2 problems are you are flying AA, and you are flying AA.
AA is notorious about being late. Also, AA is not in terminal B, which is right across from the rental car center. So you cannot just get out and walk over. You have to wait for your luggage and then take a shuttle. If you flew into the other terminal you could potentially walk over even before your baggage arrived and get a car, and then go back and get your luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.