Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis / Budget moving off-site at DCA? (Confirmed - March 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis / Budget moving off-site at DCA? (Confirmed - March 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just had to use this for the first time. At first I just assumed DCA kicked out all of the rental car companies because they were going to finally repair/replace that decrepit garage. Nope, just ABG left.

Shuttle came quickly and was small but efficient. Yet again Avis had no car reserved for me so I had to go inside. I got stuck with an SUV (better than a minivan!). Avis really pis*es me off.

Besides the fact that the lot is smaller than a postage stamp, I have no clue how people are supposed to safely navigate that lot without hitting other vehicles or people. I arrived as it just got dark and it was dangerous. The shuttle drops you off 'across the row' from the "house" so you are stuck walking either way. It's only a matter of time before somebody is run over in that postage stamp of a lot.

It's a totally crap experience that reminds me of EWR.

Maybe a positive note...I think the taxes on the reservations are much lower now because it's not an on-airport rental location. It's about $30 savings on my 3 day rental, similar to the downtown DC location I used to rent from a lot (that lot was the absolute worst on L street - but I digress).

Unfortunately my really good corporate discount is only with Avis so I'm forced to use them. Thankfully when I come to DC I almost never have to rent a car (like I said, first time since they moved almost 1 year ago).

-RM
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.