Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis points are useless.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
What the heck?

I'm a Hertz guy but my company requires me to use Avis, I've become Presidents Club and have 6000 points and two free days certs. Points build slowly, cars are dirty, rarely pre-assisgned cars. Twice I've been given a car with no gas and once without a license plate. Hertz is so much better....waah

I go to book a res and it will only let me input one coupon, which I was not surprised about, then it says it can't be used on OW (locations are 22 miles apart BTW).

So I decide to just use points but it does not give me that option at check-out. Of course the chat is not working today (no staffing)

How do you use these worthless points and/or useless free day certs?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:06 am

Can AVIS points be used for Budget, or

not??

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Apr 13, 2023 at 6:11 pm
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Which is why I switched my earning to AA miles/LPs, because Avis awards are useless and my corporate rate on personal rentals is awesome.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:59 am

We can't seem to get any frequent flyer credit from our Avis rentals. They always respond that our excellent corporate rate is ineligible.

Originally Posted by born sleepy
Which is why I switched my earning to AA miles/LPs, because Avis awards are useless and my corporate rate on personal rentals is awesome.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:03 am

Excellent corporate rates? For leisure travel? I'm surprised they're still available. Don't worry so much about the rewards, given the exorbitant retail prices and shortages. Enjoy what you have while it lasts.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Excellent corporate rates? For leisure travel? I'm surprised they're still available. Don't worry so much about the rewards, given the exorbitant retail prices and shortages. Enjoy what you have while it lasts.
First time ever had to show corp.ID at major airport. Asked by a guy sitting in Preferred Booth, in presence of the obvious pair of trainees. Funny that could be completely avoided by using the App to go straight to assigned car.

On headline subject: I used one 700-point opportunity, and two 1400-opportunities. Paid just some tax, which could be under a buck at a local location. But all car-groups at FLL were marked "regularly priced" and (thus??) "not eligible for point redemption" that day. What's up with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.