Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS US points use outside the US

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, United Plat
AVIS US points use outside the US

I will be travelling to Australia in a few months. I checked and saw that I have a just over 7000 AVIS preferred points in my account. I tried booking a car on AVIS Australia's website and I don't see an option to apply my points towards my rental reservation.

Is it not possible to use points earned in my AVIS US preferred account for a rental in AVIS Australia?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
I am renting a lot of cars with avis in europe and the US but I have a german account and always use the german avis site. I have never heard anything from Avis points and I think it is just an american thing.

Did you check out the american avis.com site to book a car in australia?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, United Plat
Originally Posted by Maze13
I am renting a lot of cars with avis in europe and the US but I have a german account and always use the german avis site. I have never heard anything from Avis points and I think it is just an american thing.

Did you check out the american avis.com site to book a car in australia?
I did. With the same results.
I tried renting a car in Canada on the US Avis site and I am able to use my points. I then tried to rent a car in Germany but I was not able to use my points. Maybe this is a North American thing. I might have to call Avis to have them confirm if this is indeed the case.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Not NA, but US, Canada, USVI, and PR only.
https://www.avis.com/content/dam/avi...ms_8.14.17.pdf
on page 5:
i. Avis Preferred Points may be redeemed to obtain designated rewards including, without limitation, rentals at Participating Avis Locations in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.
ii. Avis Preferred Points may be redeemed for rentals or select ancillary products and or services only in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.