Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Frequently Out of Cars?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Avis Frequently Out of Cars?

I've recently started to branch out and try avis after getting a status match with them. However in 1 month they failed to honor my reservations 3 times, one being a prepaid reservation at three different locations (CAK, ATL and AT1). They seem to be "allergic" especially to same day reservations, and the manager at CAK even showed me a sign that said no same day reservations, after the webpage taking my prepayment and everything. Is this normal Avis SOP? Is there a particular reason they do not like same day reservations or are frequently out of cars with no apologies or alternates?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:25 am

I think Avis keeps a lean fleet and they're good at maximizing usage. I've never been turned away from them but basically every time I'm told they have nothing else available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.