Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Pref. Plus UK - Free Weekend Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz PCircle, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat US, Amex Plat UK, Melia Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Avis Pref. Plus UK - Free Weekend Vouchers

Hi All,
I'm puzzled by Avis UK's Preferred Fre Weekend Voucher process. On their website they state that:
"This is how it works: Sign up to Avis Preferred, rent with us within the first 60 days of sign up and we will automatically credit your online Loyalty account with €100 bonus (visible within 5 days of returning the car). Rent twice in one year and you get a free vehicle upgrade voucher and a money-off voucher. Hire just one more vehicle that year and a free weekend's rental will be yours to enjoy.
Hire with us five times or more (and spend €1,000) within a year and you reach Avis Preferred Plus. This means you get another a free weekend's rental, as well as a vehicle upgrade whenever available. Also, we waive the second driver fee and lay on priority car availability."

Do people read the above (or from previous experience as a Pref Plus member) as meaning that I should receive another free weekend on reaching 5 rentals/€1000 spend, since it sure seems that way?
In my case, I started the membership year in May 2017 as a Preferred Plus member (having reached 5 rentals/€1000 spend the previous year), I hit 3 rentals in December and (after having to email CS) received my "normal" free weekend voucher. I then hit 5 rentals/€1000 spend in February and was wondering if I should have received another voucher then. Should I email CS about not receiving a voucher? Or am I reading the above wrong??
Thanks in advance for any insight, and keep up the good work.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
That is a really good question!
I am also interested in the answer since I only received one free-weekend voucher for requalifying for Presidents Club.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by larsbutzmann
That is a really good question!
I am also interested in the answer since I only received one free-weekend voucher for requalifying for Presidents Club.
What is the process of "receiving"? (AVIS owes me free weekend voucher for fulfilling AMEX PLATINUM two rentals within second half of 2017)
What's best way of getting the voucher out of AVIS?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
What is the process of "receiving"? (AVIS owes me free weekend voucher for fulfilling AMEX PLATINUM two rentals within second half of 2017)
What's best way of getting the voucher out of AVIS?
I had email my country specific customer service ([email protected]) for the year I didn't receive it automatically. This year, it worked without emailing them.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz PCircle, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat US, Amex Plat UK, Melia Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Same here. I emailed CS using the online form (https://secure.avis.co.uk/contact-us/email-us) a month after completing 3 rentals, and they (2 weeks later) emailed me to say that they would "resend" the voucher. I suppose there's no harm now in sending them an email to ask about the 5 rentals/€1,000 spend this year and see what they say. This may take a while..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.