Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Local and extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Avis Local and extension

When I try to extend my rental thru the automated system it seems like it wants to charge me double whats on my contract when I picked up the car, I assume this is normal?

Will be calling the local office in a bit to see if they will extend for the price on the contract
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:10 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

What are the restrictions on your current rental (weekend rate/must be returned by Monday, Min X days, Max Y days, etc)? If you're no longer meeting those terms, then they'll dump you into another bucket with restrictions that you meet. For example, if you got a weekend rate for $20/day and try to keep the car til Tuesday or Wednesday, the rental will reprice for the whole time (possibly >$50/day). What if you return the car and re-rent to keep your current low price?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
What are the restrictions on your current rental (weekend rate/must be returned by Monday, Min X days, Max Y days, etc)? If you're no longer meeting those terms, then they'll dump you into another bucket with restrictions that you meet. For example, if you got a weekend rate for $20/day and try to keep the car til Tuesday or Wednesday, the rental will reprice for the whole time (possibly >$50/day). What if you return the car and re-rent to keep your current low price?
Right now I rented 4 days meant to originally rent 5 days but thats another story picked up Thursday due today

Says Hrly: 11.18 DLY 33.50 WKLY 167.50 MTHLY 670

I am about 6 hrs away so would be 12 hrs round trip to return and re-rent

Ok got it down to $314 for the 10 days including taxes, I feel better now I talked to the local Representative especially since now I am preferred plus
I will keep trying to call right now transfers me to national line

Lessons learned

Last edited by john398; Feb 26, 2018 at 11:45 am Reason: updated
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Thurs-Mon sounds like a weekend rate. When you book, there's a spot that shows you the terms of the rate but you have to search, it's not obvious. Glad you were able to get it back to a good rate for 10 days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.