Search

2018: List your upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:32 pm

ATL arrived 11/17 6 AM

Booked full size sedan
assigned Dodge Charger R/T
swithced in app to 2018 expedition Max for no charge

expedition is nice - nav, Apple car play, heated seats, steering wheel, folding mirrors, power third row. Needed a large SUV due to passengers and luggage. The thing is a beast though. Must do a 3 point turn into normal parking spots at the mall.
Odd that this was offered as free switch when a suburban was available through the app for an additional $65/ day.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Booked: Group P (VW Golf)
Assigned: Vauxhall Mokka 1.4 auto (Group I)
Received: Vauxhall Mokka 1.4 auto - I asked if I could just have a Golf instead and was told it would cost £65 additional to change. I pointed out that I had originally booked a Golf, on a Fri-Mon booking as a PC member so thought I would get a double upgrade, and was told "You booked a manual, were upgraded to an auto, if you want to change cars you forfeit that upgrade and have to pay for it. If you don't know how the PC works you will have to email Preferred".

​​​
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: too many
Booked: Group C (VW Golf/Peugeot 2008)
Assigned: Jeep Compass (Group D)
technically a double upgrade (goes C->J->D in France, where J is C with built-in GPS).
Haven't seen such a bare lot at this station, only a couple of cars and nothing above group D, apart from one C4 Grand Picasso (people carrier).
Car was fine, though missing the required "yellow vest" in the boot, possibly due to the impending demonstrations there :-)
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Alaska MVP, Flying Blue Silver
Booked: Intermediate, Chevy Cruze or similar
Assigned: Ford ecosport
Received: Cadillac XT5 Luxury, 16k miles. Panoramic sunroof.

So I picked up the ecosport at a local location. Was extremely dissatisfied and took it straight to the airport. Told the guy that I normally book with Hertz because I'm part of PC. He said he'll see what he could do. Took me around the lot, I saw the caddy and was like thats the one! He said he's not sure if he could do that, but would give it a try. Back in the office, the system wasn't allowing him to do it. Called the supervisor, who just punched some stuff on the keyboard and handed me the keys without even looking up.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:57 pm

Booked: Group E - Compact Automatic: Volkswagen Golf or similar
Assigned: BMW 520d x-drive station wagon luxury edition (Group P - Luxury Station Wagon Automatic GPS)
Received: BMW 520d x-drive station wagon luxury edition (Group P - Luxury Station Wagon Automatic GPS)
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Booked: Full Size
Assigned: Rav4
Received: Cancelled

Swapped into a Buick Enclave with 2k miles on the app, but cancelled. Got an X3 from National instead
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Booked: Mid size - group J (Peugeot 3008 or similar)
Assigned: Mercedes C200
Received: Volkswagen Sharan (I needed the space to move a load of stuff, and the C-class seats would not fold according to Avis. The Sharan was surprisingly brilliant).
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Booked: Premium
Assigned: MKT
Received: Cancelled

Asked for a GL, XC90 but shot down. Only upgrade available was an old MKT. They also had a Lexus GX parked for reserve. Some custom 350Zs were for upgrade too - custom wheels
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:27 pm

Booked: K (Golf Automatic)
Assigned: L - Mercedes V-Class
Received: J - Mercedes S-Class (for reasonable upgrade fee)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:27 pm

Booked: Full
Assigned: Dodge Durango with 16k miles
Received: Asked for XC60 and received one with 5k miles. Sadly no XC90 on the lot but couple evoques and GLs. No go on either of those tho for PC
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Moderator's note: Please continue this discussion in the 2019 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.