Wiki Posts
Search

Have I been robbed?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Have I been robbed?

Hi,

Rented a premium car (group G) in YYZ last night (on business from the UK), and they have given me a Hyundai Tuscon? I know this is technically a class F, but is this actually an upgrade? The car is pretty rubbish and wondering whether I should change it for something different?

Thoughts?

Rich
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:22 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Robbed? No, you took what they offered. I'd say you were taken advantage of, IMO. In the eyes of Avis, an SUV is better than a sedan. However, I'd say the Tuscon is equivalent to a midsize car.

Since you already took the car, your options are:
1. Go back and try to swap for something that's actually a premium.
2. Ask for a price break upon return. Doubtful since you took it, but asking can't hurt.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:00 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Better off than I was today.

I had a luxury reservation and a backup full size with an upgrade coupon attached to it since the location is a local branch and I wasn't sure if there would be any luxury cars available.

Sure enough, they had brought in a Lincoln MKZ, presumably for my reservation, but when I went to pick it up, the unfriendly agent told me there were no luxury vehicles available, despite my pointing out that an MKZ was sitting outside.

So I ended up using the Full Size reservation (with upgrade coupon for Premium) and was assigned, wait for it, a bare bones Mitsubishi Lancer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.