Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis PC not recgonized?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Avis PC not recgonized?

I just got off the phone with the Avis PC desk and they said that PC is basically US and Canada, with London sometimes participating.

I am about to make a trip to Curacao, and while my corporate rates absolutely smoked anything PC could quote me, the desk basically said I wouldn't be recognized and would have to wait and not get upgrades.

Has anyone used Avis in the carib and gotten them to actually recognize your status?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I looked it up, it says "Independent Licensee" for the location. They do display your status on the rental, but it doesn't provide any recognizable benefit. So I wouldn't expect to be "recognized" so to speak.

I do a lot of rentals are these licensee locations. I've never gotten any real tangible benefits from my status. However knowing the desk person really helps since they are the ones that can provide me with better cars, etc.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
so I just wanted to follow up here. Went down there last week, got to the location and they did notice I was a PC, and "upgraded" me from my rav 4, which would hold all my suitcases and backpacks, to a optima, which held some of my suitcases and backpacks.

Overall it was a decent car, and on the island was more than enough.

However, there was 1 tangible benefit, and its not supposed to be there. We didn't know the island only took cash at gas stations, and we only had enough cash to fill it to 6/8. got back to the counter and the lady there said don't worry about it, and sent us on our merry way.

either nice or a benefit, made me happy for avis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.