Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Overcharge on rental car = $10K in lost business to Avis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overcharge on rental car = $10K in lost business to Avis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Post a link please, would be highly entertaining I think.
My favorite

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...e-upgrade.html
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, Avis PC, National Exec
I like this one...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post20360799
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by bocasierra
Oh, man, that was priceless.

A broader question, though -- is it really possible to spend $10,000 a year with Avis and still only be Avis First, the same crummy status that I get with my occasional weekend rental? Sounds like there's a good business case there for another tier. It wouldn't have to provide any significant tangible benefits over First, just like First provides no significant tangible benefits over Preferred, but it could come with a fancy-coloured card.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jorgen
...but it could come with a fancy-coloured card.
Ha! ^
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by darben
Ironically George writes:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
If necessary, weave your stay history into the conversation. A lot of desk clerks don't realize how many nights a PP spends in a Marriott in one year. Don't pull a DYKWIA, be nice and polite. The desk clerk is not necessarily the person who pulled the room assignments.
Amazing that he doesnt understand that by "weaving your stay history into the conversation" you become the epitome of DYKWIA...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jorgen
Oh, man, that was priceless.

A broader question, though -- is it really possible to spend $10,000 a year with Avis and still only be Avis First, the same crummy status that I get with my occasional weekend rental? Sounds like there's a good business case there for another tier. It wouldn't have to provide any significant tangible benefits over First, just like First provides no significant tangible benefits over Preferred, but it could come with a fancy-coloured card.
Avis does have the super secret Chairman's level which is invitation only, and the not so secret President's Circle. I would assume that spending $10k per year should net someone one of these two levels, or if there was a corporation that he was working for that had others spending a similar amount of annual dollars a corporate contract would exist that would also get someone one of these levels.

I'll say again, having President's club didn't always get me an upgrade. But when I didn't get a car I at least asked for something different rather than just taking what I wanted.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Avis does have the super secret Chairman's level which is invitation only, and the not so secret President's Circle.
Not so super secret... and neither is PC...

Originally Posted by wirunner
I would assume that spending $10k per year should net someone one of these two levels, or if there was a corporation that he was working for that had others spending a similar amount of annual dollars a corporate contract would exist that would also get someone one of these levels.
Nope - both programs are technically by invitation only... and since we know George is a small fish in a big company, he wont get either. CC and PC are given out to leaders of companies who control major spending dollars, and sometimes travel coordinators. $10k is nothing. Controlling McKinsey & Company (or Lockheed Martin, or KPMG, or Pricewaterhouse)'s AVIS contract is worth giving out CC or PC.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sloppiest accounting I've heard of....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.