FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overcharge on rental car = $10K in lost business to Avis
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:06 pm
WIRunner
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jorgen
Oh, man, that was priceless.

A broader question, though -- is it really possible to spend $10,000 a year with Avis and still only be Avis First, the same crummy status that I get with my occasional weekend rental? Sounds like there's a good business case there for another tier. It wouldn't have to provide any significant tangible benefits over First, just like First provides no significant tangible benefits over Preferred, but it could come with a fancy-coloured card.
Avis does have the super secret Chairman's level which is invitation only, and the not so secret President's Circle. I would assume that spending $10k per year should net someone one of these two levels, or if there was a corporation that he was working for that had others spending a similar amount of annual dollars a corporate contract would exist that would also get someone one of these levels.

I'll say again, having President's club didn't always get me an upgrade. But when I didn't get a car I at least asked for something different rather than just taking what I wanted.