Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

purchased lifemile but expiration date not extended - help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys, need some help - i have a few hundred thousand miles expiring in may 2022 as I am not traveling during covid, so i went to lifemile website and purchase 1000 miles to extend the expiration date. Purchase went through and i can see the miles got added to my total, however the expiration date remains may 2022 instead of getting extended another year to 2023.

Does anyone know what's going on, all the websites including this one seem to indicate as long as you buy the minimum miles to add to your account, your miles expiration will be extended.

thanks for your help
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by newguy05
Hi guys, need some help - i have a few hundred thousand miles expiring in may 2022 as I am not traveling during covid, so i went to lifemile website and purchase 1000 miles to extend the expiration date. Purchase went through and i can see the miles got added to my total, however the expiration date remains may 2022 instead of getting extended another year to 2023.

Does anyone know what's going on, all the websites including this one seem to indicate as long as you buy the minimum miles to add to your account, your miles expiration will be extended.

thanks for your help
How long ago did you buy the miles?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I think on my last similar purchase, it took a week or so for the expiration date to get extended.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by guv1976
How long ago did you buy the miles?
Exactly, if it was only a day or two ago this is absolutely unnecessary panic. LM can't make their website/ booking engine work properly so no one should assume extension are instant or so.

As other posters mentioned (think there is a thread on this as well), it takes several days to reflect. In my case it was at least ~72hrs last time, but can stretch to a week.

If nothing after a week, it may not be right and one should drop a note to Lifemiles support.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you guys, the expiration date is updated now. I just had to wait like everyone said Very strange that the new miles are updated to your account instantly but the expiration date is not. I now know going forward.
Old May 8, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Expiration date: May 09, 2023
As of May 08, '23

so i got a new one. logged into lifemiles after years and transferred miles into LM.
after 1000 miles it suddenly says Exp date may 09, so tommorow for the 1000 miles.

I am happy I only did transfer 1k miles first.

I just bought 1000 miles, before I found this thread, lets see if I will loose the 1000 transferred miles tommorow.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well the question is, if the 1000 miles I transferred today will be expiering tommoorow. I will report
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by derpelikan
well the question is, if the 1000 miles I transferred today will be expiering tommoorow. I will report
Are you able to share what happened to your 1000 points? Facing a similar situation. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I just did 1000 today too. Will post if/when the expiration is updated.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
I just did 1000 today too. Will post if/when the expiration is updated.
Expiration will likely update for you tomorrow. This was my experience.
porciuscato likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.