Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award for next weekend cancelled!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Dror
booked an award with TK, was able to see it on TK's site and reserve seats etc..
Now I cannot see it anymore, only a cryptic message about "date change" and that I should "contact my agent", and same response from Turkish support of Facebook.
Checking the itinerary, my flight departure time has shifted by 15 minutes from the original time...
Trying to get ahold of Avianca by phone, wish me luck.
Updating for whomever:
After waiting for a few hours (in multiple tries), I was able to reach LM phone support.
They said that my return flight was cancelled by Swiss (which it indeed has been), and that my options were:
1. Booking an alternative flight with the same airline, but that availability is only for 6 days after my original flight.
2. Booking an alternative flight with a different airline, but then it would be a voluntary change and I'd pay the 150$ fine.
3. Cancelling the ticket (no fine due to covid).
I cancelled (and booked AC with cash), now need to figure out what to do with a few 100k of miles...

My two main concerns here are:
1. I only found out about this change because I continuously checked the status of the flight (there was never any message from LM about the change). Had this been closer to the flight date, there's no chance I would have been able to find a good alternative.
2. The only avenue to get support is by calling (FB, chat, etc. only say to call them), and it's nearly impossible to do. It literally took me half a day to reach them.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All the talk about EC261 is premature as OP has not stated when these flight actually are.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
All the talks about EC261 comp. is immaterial because it is LX (and LX will refuse to pay any comp.) and Avianca (AV is not operating carrier).
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:07 pm

The same is happening to my flight with Turkish.... TK changed schedule 10 mins. Now I am getting the tickets are cancelled from Avianca site. According to Lifemiles, those tickets were cancelled and no award availability, although the schedule change was only 10 min.
I called Turkish and was told those tickets are still valid and there is no problem at all.

Now what do I do? Lifemiles saying no way to reconfirm / rebook. Turkish saying all is good.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cmrimd
The same is happening to my flight with Turkish.... TK changed schedule 10 mins. Now I am getting the tickets are cancelled from Avianca site. According to Lifemiles, those tickets were cancelled and no award availability, although the schedule change was only 10 min.
I called Turkish and was told those tickets are still valid and there is no problem at all.

Now what do I do? Lifemiles saying no way to reconfirm / rebook. Turkish saying all is good.
Please report back with whatever happens. I am certain you are not the only one nervously eyeing a TK award.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wasn't there a way in the past to accept simple smaller timing changes to LM issued tickets via the AV app or am I imagining that?

If one detects this in time, one could accept the new timing that way. I would bet that the ticket is not even cancelled like LM claims, but rather pending confirmation of the timing change only. A shame to potentially lose an issued ticket that way.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cmrimd

Leave it as it is. TK will be able to check-you in (at the check-in counters; not OLCI). As long as LM doesn't cancel/refund the ticket, you will be good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.