Is LifeMiles down?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Site is back up, as of 09:43 PST
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Has anybody noticed any changes?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by nydave11
No. The site is up, errors and all.

"We're sorry! we could not process your request, try again. If the problem persists contact our Call Center (option 3) or send us an email to [email protected]

LifeMiles Team."
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:16 pm

Site is up but unable to accept payment for me. 10 minutes on the call center, doing the PIN number thing, and then they came back and said to call back later. Oh Lifemiles@!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Data point. Booked online and received a record locator. Payment page never appeared and miles were not deducted. I went to the local Taca office to try and pay for the booking and they said their systems are all down and it is a nightmare for them. They said try again after Christmas.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
No. The site is up, errors and all.

"We're sorry! we could not process your request, try again. If the problem persists contact our Call Center (option 3) or send us an email to %[email protected]?subject=e3.1%201343652895 4%2023/12/2019%2013:49:33

LifeMiles Team."
same... can't pay for a flight.... ugh

tried calling in too, their system is down. They should just put a phone message up and give everyone the week off, don't get why they need phone agents LOL

Last edited by bbmatt; Dec 23, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
It rather confirms the Anglo stereotype of the Latins
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:55 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Payment process still not workng at 1047am EST on 12/24
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by nyc6035
Payment process still not workng at 1047am EST on 12/24
the rep says don't expect it to be up before xmas
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:37 pm

Update: was able to ticket over the phone. Agent took details down, and tickets issued about 2 hours later.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Update: was able to ticket over the phone. Agent took details down, and tickets issued about 2 hours later.
confirmed, was able to pay for a ticket via the phone! booked it online and paid via phone!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:26 am

Miles expire on 12/31 and have been trying to purchase miles or transfer to a friend but system will reject payment.

can anyone please help me? I don’t know how else to extend. Transferring from a bank isn’t an option.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:07 pm

Just tried booking and had the same payment error. Rep said billing department will call me back in 24-72 hours to take my payment but the award is supposedly on hold. We'll see.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by nydave11
Yes. Bizarrely when checking availability using the "Show More Dates" function the days of the week show in Spanish, not English. The QA/testing doesn't seem to have kicked in before the "upgrade" was released
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:26 pm

I wish I saw this thread earlier before wasting the last 90 minutes on the phone with LM trying to pay for an award booking. Flight is in 2 days, they will "try" to ticket it for me before the flight.

ETA:
My experience today went something like this:
- Tried to book a 1-way award for a flight leaving in under 48 hours, got to payment page and received a "can't process please try again...." message. Note: during payment attempt you can briefly see the PNR, I recommend writing it down.
- Called into the call center and after a couple of IVR loops got to the web support desk. Called +5744443434 then pressed opt 2 for English, entered LM # then opt 4 for web desk and opt 2 for lifemiles.com
- First agent took down my information including PNR, put me on hold and a few minutes later I end up cold transferred to another agent on the same team.
- Second agent tells me right off the bat that he will try to take down my payment details and ticket me but in case it doesn't work we will need to involve the billing department.
- Agent asks me to validate my PIN via automated phone system. I don't remember the PIN so he walks me through resetting it and then we try to validate. He gets a message saying PIN is incorrect. We try to reset it again and enter it again and fail again. At this point agent says he needs to transfer me to another agent as if he attempts to have me validate a 3rd time and fail, my account gets locked out.
- 3rd agent has me reset the pin and validate again, 3 times and each fail until my account gets locked out. Agent says he thinks issue is due to me using google hangouts and that I need to use a regular phone (I doubt this is accurate) and asks to call me on my phone.
- Some time goes by and no call but I do get an email asking to call back as they are having issues getting through to me by phone.
- Call back again and speak to the 4th agent in web support. She tells me right away that she will not be able to process my payment via phone as there is a problem with their systems. She needs to validate my pin and then send my info to billing team. I ask her how long will that take given my flight is less than 48 hours from now. Best she can do is say they will try to get me sorted in time. We can't do PIN validation because of the account lockout. This is resolved by resetting your lifemiles.com password, which is done via link that the agent emails me. We attempt to do PIN validation and it now works, great success! Note: I reset my PIN again while on hold waiting to speak with agent #4 . Logged out and back in to my account. Was still using google hangouts, only difference being from my iphone rather than my PC.

After all of this I was told that the billing team will attempt to call me. but also told that realistically they will probably not call me and that I need to call back in to the call center tomorrow 8am Columbia time and ask the web team to transfer me to the billing department.

Last edited by greendx; Dec 27, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.