Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More availability in J added?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

More availability in J added?

Hi there! I hope some of you experts can help me out with a question. I’m looking to book MAD to DTW (or honestly anywhere nearby MAD) in April, ideally in J for the long haul. Right now, I have basically one flight open and it does have J availability with Lufthansa for my preferred date (either thurs April 9 or fri the 10). If I mess around with dates in Feb/March, there are at least 3 or 4 options for flights on Thursday/fridays and better options for J than LUfthansa (United Polaris / air canada in a 777). Is it likely that more availability will be added for April in the next few weeks /months? Or should I just take what I can get while it’s still available?

appreciate any help!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by Caroline Scott
Hi there! I hope some of you experts can help me out with a question. I’m looking to book MAD to DTW (or honestly anywhere nearby MAD) in April, ideally in J for the long haul. Right now, I have basically one flight open and it does have J availability with Lufthansa for my preferred date (either thurs April 9 or fri the 10). If I mess around with dates in Feb/March, there are at least 3 or 4 options for flights on Thursday/fridays and better options for J than LUfthansa (United Polaris / air canada in a 777). Is it likely that more availability will be added for April in the next few weeks /months? Or should I just take what I can get while it’s still available?

appreciate any help!
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. April is a wonderful time of the year to visit Madrid so options aren't likely to increase over time. And the question isn't really a Lifemiles question as Lifemiles doesn't have control over availability. Lifemiles may block the available flights but doesn't have control over inventory of the available flights.

Regardless, not clear on the actual question. Availability on the desired dates and times and class of service but what is the issue? What exactly are you waiting for?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Is it likely that more availability will be added for April in the next few weeks /months? Only a crystal ball or a fortune teller can know that.
Or should I just take what I can get while it’s still available? Take what you have, or risk not having what you need when the time comes.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:37 pm

Right now, I have basically one flight open and it does have J availability with Lufthansa for my preferred date (either thurs April 9 or fri the 10).Is it likely that more availability will be added for April in the next few weeks /months?
Only a crystal ball or a fortune teller can know that.

Or should I just take what I can get while it’s still available?
Take what you have, or risk not having what you need when the time comes.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
As view-with-a-room said, LifeMiles has zero control over what availability other airlines will release to them
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. April is a wonderful time of the year to visit Madrid so options aren't likely to increase over time. And the question isn't really a Lifemiles question as Lifemiles doesn't have control over availability. Lifemiles may block the available flights but doesn't have control over inventory of the available flights.

Regardless, not clear on the actual question. Availability on the desired dates and times and class of service but what is the issue? What exactly are you waiting for?
I’m based out of Valencia, Spain and the only flight out of Madrid at present is at 6am, which would require a hotel stay the night before in Madrid - looking to avoid that if possible as it adds an extra expense. No options to fly out of Valencia, unfortunately. There are flights out of Madrid at noon through most of Feb/March, so ideally I’m hoping that will pop up. I guess my question ultimately is - is there a sweet spot for how far out to book to maximize availability? Or does such a thing just not exist...
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I’m based out of Valencia, Spain and the only flight out of Madrid at present is at 6am, which would require a hotel stay the night before in Madrid - looking to avoid that if possible as it adds an extra expense. No options to fly out of Valencia, unfortunately. There are flights out of Madrid at noon through most of Feb/March, so ideally I’m hoping that will pop up. I guess my question ultimately is - is there a sweet spot for how far out to book to maximize availability? Or does such a thing just not exist...
The 6AM flight arrives in Detroit at 3PM, a very good time to arrive anywhere. Arriving after 10PM or before 10AM isn't ideal. The flights is business class on Lufthansa, a $6000 flight; so the cost of one night in a hotel for the sake of convenience would be a bargain. The Magic 8 Ball would be the better option to determine future availability. I see no good reason not to book the tickets now.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:44 am

Get the 6am flight!
You can get a cheap hotel to cover all the savings you get from using miles to fly business class across the Atlantic.
Big picture....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.