Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

BOG- LAX business class (old vs new ; 222 vs 1-2-1 configuration)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:43 am
Original Poster

I flew the new 1-2-1 business class configuration BOG to LAX earlier this year and everything was great. Last week I flew the 2-2-2 business class configuration. My booking was initially for the 1-2-1 configuration but last minute they changed the plane to the older model which has the 2-2-2 configuration
Couple significant differences between the old and new aircrafts.
1.) In the 2-2-2 configuration only 1 meal was served (lunch). There were no snacks served other than peanuts. Pretty disappointing to say the least.
In the 1-2-1 configuration I was served 2 meals (lunch and a small sandwich) along with 4-5 different types of snacks in a basket. There was also an extensive drink menu with house specials to pick from.
2.) I found the 2-2-2 configuration impossible to sleep on when the seat is flat. The footrests have been these metal plates that slide out to extend the bed. These metal plates are very uncomfortable. The 1-2-1 configuration bed has soft footrests far more comfortable for your feet.
3.) The headphone jack on the 2-2-2 configuration is hidden under your armrest. When I recline the seat my headphone cord would sometimes fall out and I would have to sit upright to put the cord back into the jack. Just awful design to place the headphone jack under the back of the armrest.

two questions -
1.) why does the older aircraft serve 1 less meal even though the route is exactly the same as the newer aircraft (BOG -LAX) ? or perhaps Avianca has changed their meal plans in the last 6 months? cost cutting ?
2.) does the airline have to inform me in advance if the type of plane is changed? am i entitled to a cancellation/refund if the aircraft model is changed?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
On your second question no. First of all there is not such a regulation or a law not even in Europe. Secondly this is Avianca. Their customer services are....lets say...difficult! Only Qatar allows for a free change if your plane changes from Qsuites to normal C. Personally i never heard for such a compensation from any airline.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermis177
On your second question no. First of all there is not such a regulation or a law not even in Europe. Secondly this is Avianca. Their customer services are....lets say...difficult! Only Qatar allows for a free change if your plane changes from Qsuites to normal C. Personally i never heard for such a compensation from any airline.
yes, i figured its a no but just wanted to double-check, thanks for the response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.