Wiki Posts
Search

Refund

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Refund

I had to cancel my flights to South America, 2 days before departure. My fare was b. promo. They told me that i will get a refund in about 1 month. Any experiences?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Too little information in your post to get an answer/opinion.
What Airline?
Was this a cash ticket?
What is the cancellation policy of the ticket?
Who told you to wait 2 months?
When did you do the cancellation?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yeah it will take at least a month.

Did you buy them in the U.S.? If so, you could complain to DOT if you haven't received the refund within 7 business days (assuming credit card purchase).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Avianca airlines. Cancellation policy states that the penalty is £123 and i will take the rest. Cancelled 2 days before the flight. Booked it with debit card. I went to Avianca sale office in London and they told me to apply online for a refund as it would be quicker compare if they do it.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick update. I got all my money back. My refund request was approved on the 16th and today i saw the money into my account. Very positive experience i have to say.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
I bought a ticket from SFO-SAL-LIM on avianca.com with the understanding I could cancel it within 24 hours. When I called the 800# at the 20 hour market, the call center claimed they were the "sales office" and unable to cancel anything purchased on the website. After much frustration, they transferred me to web support, where I was directed to a web page to create a refund request against the ticket #, with "cancellation" as the reason. While I did immediately receive an email with a "request number", I note that four days later the reservation is still confirmed and active. Is this normal? While I understand it make take awhile to fully refund my money, I am wondering if there was a separate step in the process (that the web agent missed) to actually cancel the ticket before submitting the refund request. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

UALCASTRO i cancelled my ticket via the local Avianca office but i applied for a refund online. They told me thats the easiest way to get my money back and it was.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:05 am

Ermis177, thanks for the reply. I tried to cancel over the phone and was told only web services would do it. Web services instructed me to fill out the refund form. It's a very backward process!!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:05 am

Update: I just used the really handy web chat service, and they have confirmed that web tickets canceled via their online form will be cancelled and refunded within 30 days - and not to worry if the process occurs after the actual travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.