Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca A330 new business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Has anyone flown on the a330 recently? If yes, how was it? I just booked JFK-LIM for 820usd in J so pretty OK deal, I have to say. Never flown Avianca before though.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA
I just flew BOG/GRU/BOG in J on two different versions. The first one was on a version with 30 J seats, and the aircraft entry door was between rows 3 & 4 of the front cabin. This was the configuration found on seat guru, a 2-2-2 configuration with "near" lie-flat seats. The return had 32 C seats, in a 2-2-2 "staggered" configuration, all in front of the entry doors, with row 6 having only the 2 middle seats. This sounds like the "Tranasia" plane mentioned above. The latter model seemed newer and felt more comfortable. I didn't use the lie-flat feature as it was day time, but the guy next to me seemed to sleep well enough. This version does not show up on seatguru. I also noticed one of the 2 seats in row 6 had a "DO NOT USE" sign on it.

On BOG-GRU, the dinner was pretty bland, and the crew, while friendly, doled out the meal and disappeared. I expected a snack before arrival on this 5 1/2 hour flight, but this did not occur. On the return flight, we were served a better breakfast, and at least offered peanuts and a drink service prior to arrival and the crew were more visible. The IFE, though I didn't use it (downloaded netflix content on my tablet), seemed meager.

Overall, my impressions were like others on this section: below average. I chose this flight because I could get J for only $200 more than Y.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Lifemiles Diamond, AA Gold
I believe the only AV 330 with a different business class is the N508AV, former PR-OCK, that came form AV Brasil. I have also noticed they ceased serving the pre arrival snack in my last two medium haul flights: GRU-BOG and BOG-SCL. Also, servings seem to be getting smaller compared to what they were before. Nonetheless, I have been lucky to find great crews in AV trying to compensate the downgrades they are applying to their business product. If LATAM Brasil wasn't that bad I'd have moved my business over already.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I did GRU-BOG return with AV in J (A332) in July. The seats were OK but the meals served were quite disappointing (and small). No pre-arrival snack - I asked for a sandwich or similar but was told by a FA "we don't have". Definitely a below average J experience.

To be honest I don't recall if dinner or breakfast was served for the return flight to GRU (again A332 in J - AV85 departing around 9PM ) - I was very tired and slept almost before take off.

PS: @ GRU check-in, foreigners may be asked for proof of yellow fever vaccination (in particular if the flight is full and it is convenient to deny issuing a BP to some pax with reference to no yellow fever vaccination)

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 6, 2019 at 5:37 am
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: all
Avianca A330 Lax to Bog

Can anyone tell me which business seat might be best for a single traveler? Perhaps 1A I never choose bulkheads but perhaps this is more private and has more room? Anyone
have an idea?
Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.