Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Life Miles Newbie - Swiss Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Life Miles Newbie - Swiss Availability

I am new to LM and purchased some miles in the recent sales this week.

Looking to book some Swiss flights for July, I can see availability online on Miles and More Website....I cant find any availability for my dates on LM.

When is Swiss award space released to LM?

Also once i find availability online can i make booking online? I am hoping I wont need to call the Call Center.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am new to LM and purchased some miles in the recent sales this week.

Looking to book some Swiss flights for July, I can see availability online on Miles and More Website....I cant find any availability for my dates on LM.

When is Swiss award space released to LM?

Also once i find availability online can i make booking online? I am hoping I wont need to call the Call Center.
LX releases a much better availability to M&M members than to other FFP... You'll find award space on B-routes i.ex. YUL but nealy never to LAX and SFO with miles other than M&M...

You can only book what the LM online site is showing and the callcenter as well, so it's not worth to call in.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
never to LAX and SFO with miles other than M&M...
There is currently a ton of LX J award space SFO-ZRH and LAX-ZRH available via UA.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I see nothing on UA for my dates in July...I do see good availability for March / April.

Will have to wait for availability
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I see nothing on UA for my dates in July...I do see good availability for March / April.

July to Europe is always a difficult award. Summer tourist season.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Miles and More have plenty of availability for Swiss in July.... the only issue is 52k plus $525 in fuel surcharges....

Bit of a joke if you ask me... was trying to get around the throne seat fee charges whihc come into play later this month.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:20 pm

LX LAX flights sometimes don't show up on regular LM "smart" searches but magically appear if you select LX from the dropdown. Unfortunately you can't use that if your trip requires connecting to/from other airlines (unless this perhaps also works by selecting Star Alliance?).
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.

the rush to book scarce summer awards was over in September/October last year! you really need to be lucky to get space that works with your summer schedule, so be very very flexible, or consider other airlines (United/Turkish etc.) OR, go the long way via ICN/NRT !
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:40 am

I see availabity for HKG to SFO via ZRH, but not bookable via Lifemiles
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
You'll find your answers in this thread addressing a similar issue http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...lifemiles.html
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by mattack4000
I see availabity for HKG to SFO via ZRH, but not bookable via Lifemiles
welcome to LifeMiles! You'll get used to the quirky nature of its website...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Found another issue for flights next week:

LH First Class is avaiable on 8th March from Munich to SFO, availability found on M&M.

When I check LifeMiles for First Class and specifically choose LH the search comes up with Business Class availability.

How do I find and book the available F Seat?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
LOL. Perhaps the OP should have spent some time on Flyertalk investigating LifeMiles before buying miles.

LH First Class and LX J during peak summer... Two things that can't be booked far in advance with Lifemiles, and depending on the mood of LH/LX and Avianca IT, often not at all...

I hope the OP doesn't mind spending those miles one day on a trip to Bogota!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

How about F flights within a week?

Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL. Perhaps the OP should have spent some time on Flyertalk investigating LifeMiles before buying miles.

LH First Class and LX J during peak summer... Two things that can't be booked far in advance with Lifemiles, and depending on the mood of LH/LX and Avianca IT, often not at all...

I hope the OP doesn't mind spending those miles one day on a trip to Bogota!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:54 pm

LH First Class is avaiable on 8th March from Munich to SFO, availability found on M&M.
Why are you searching on M&M for LM availability???

The availability is not the same. Not even close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.