Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Award Shows on UA & Aeroplan, But Not Lifemiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I'm new to Lifemiles Award and I've tried to search the archives but didn't really see an answer, so sorry if this is common knowledge.

UA & Aeroplan both show an award availability on March 28, IAD-DUB, SAS Business but it doesn't show when searching Lifemiles, is that normal? There's a 3Hr layover in CPH, so well below the +8Hr connecting No-No for Lifemiles.

Is this one of those times that I need to call to book the award, or is this award not available for Lifemiles? I don't understand why it shouldn't be available for Lifemiles booking since SAS is a StarAlliance member. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Have you searched on Lifemiles for SAS specifically? Much of the time I won't get any results unless I specify the airline, especially for a route that is far from a straight line.

Otherwise, there are all sorts of restrictions within the Star Alliance about partners not providing reward space to other partners.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ilability.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have you searched on Lifemiles for SAS specifically? Much of the time I won't get any results unless I specify the airline, especially for a route that is far from a straight line.

Otherwise, there are all sorts of restrictions within the Star Alliance about partners not providing reward space to other partners.
Thanks for the quick reply. I did try specifying SAS on the search, but no joy.

Is there a way to find out the T&C's to see what the Star Alliance restrictions are in print? Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks djjaguar64. I did read that, I just wasn't sure if this was a web mistake or how to find out who gets which award inventory. Do you know if there's such a list for Lifemiles? Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
There's no such thing as *A rewards inventory, available to all other *A frequent flyer programs. You'll rarely find any SQ Business or First inventory on Lifemiles, for example. If you can't see it on Lifemiles but you can see it on another *A site it's most likely because the other airline has made their inventory available to one *A frequent flyer scheme but not another
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you can't even see the IAD-CPH, then you can assume that SAS has restricted LifeMiles from accessing their inventory.

Let's face it, Avianca can't be all that popular within the *A. They sell, sell, sell miles cheaply to the general public, many of whom then spend those miles on *A premium cabin rewards. There must be a serious imbalance between what Lifemiles owes *A airlines for reward seats versus what those airlines' FF members spend on Avianca metal rewards.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you can't even see the IAD-CPH, then you can assume that SAS has restricted LifeMiles from accessing their inventory.

Let's face it, Avianca can't be all that popular within the *A. They sell, sell, sell miles cheaply to the general public, many of whom then spend those miles on *A premium cabin rewards. There must be a serious imbalance between what Lifemiles owes *A airlines for reward seats versus what those airlines' FF members spend on Avianca metal rewards.
Agreed. I'm wondering if there's an equivalent to Lifemiles in the Oneworld family
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Agreed. I'm wondering if there's an equivalent to Lifemiles in the Oneworld family
Alaska is near enough.....American too.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Alaska is near enough.....American too.
Thanks. Living in Australia I can check and have found that American hardly ever has inventory from BA or QF to get to Asia. While Alaska is an Emirates partner it doesn't seem to offer Emirates flights from Australia to Asia either
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Unfortunately due to a famly emergency need to fly to Taiwan... Aeroplan and UA are both showing availability on EVA for Today and tomorrow but Lifemiles doesn't show such availability... however, their availability does match up starting +2 days.... is there a last minute (ie within 24 hour booking restriction) for Lifemiles? is this something that I could get pushed through via the call center or something?

EDIT: I tried with just a BR search and no dice either

thanks
FDW
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Unfortunately due to a famly emergency need to fly to Taiwan... Aeroplan and UA are both showing availability on EVA for Today and tomorrow but Lifemiles doesn't show such availability... however, their availability does match up starting +2 days.... is there a last minute (ie within 24 hour booking restriction) for Lifemiles? is this something that I could get pushed through via the call center or something?

EDIT: I tried with just a BR search and no dice either

thanks
FDW
You can call and ask or else you're out of luck!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Thanks for the quick reply. I did try specifying SAS on the search, but no joy.
I also just found out that SAS awards don't show in LM. Simple direct flight within Europe, availability on other *A FFPs - but nada on LM.

Looks like we can add SAS to the list of airlines whose awards that never made available on LM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.