Wiki Posts
Search

LifeMiles Can't Book Air China

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Disconcerting

I doubt you are being geo-blocked but there have been instances in the past when I have had "features" that others have not presumably because I have an old pre-Lifemiles account. Not something I'd gloat about because it invariably means that I am going to lose those features imminently too.

I hope there is a simpler explanation for your not being able to book CA, have any of you called LM to ask them about it?
I mentioned in my earlier post that they told me CA didn't release award space to them and there's nothing LM could do.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:12 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jayz_004
I mentioned in my earlier post that they told me CA didn't release award space to them and there's nothing LM could do.
Yes I saw you mentioned that, but whether or not to believe an LM agent is another question. My ability to book CA indicates that CA is giving AV inventory.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: LifeMiles
I was planning to book BOG-CTU, 2-11 to 25-11, now the return flight is not available, any suggestions?
Tks
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:23 am

Can't book ANY CA flight

Tried different CA routes in the past month, every time the page errors out and says 'Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.'
Any solutions?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by zimne
Tried different CA routes in the past month, every time the page errors out and says 'Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.'
Any solutions?
When does the page error out? After you have chosen the CA flights? If so, call Lifemiles and they may be able to book the ticket for you.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
When does the page error out? After you have chosen the CA flights? If so, call Lifemiles and they may be able to book the ticket for you.
I am having the same problem with the new Air China route from JNB to PEK starting end October. And, yes, it's after you have chosen the flight. Haven't tried calling yet as I haven't finalized my plans.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I am having the same problem with the new Air China route from JNB to PEK starting end October. And, yes, it's after you have chosen the flight. Haven't tried calling yet as I haven't finalized my plans.
I could book online CDG-PEK on Air China, but wanted EWR-CDG-PEK, and they were happy to book that itinerary on the phone (both EWR-CDG and CDG-PEK were available online, but EWR-CDG-PEK was not).

I have found it is getting much easier to book married segment itineraries on the phone now, even without sending them screen shots.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
I could book online CDG-PEK on Air China, but wanted EWR-CDG-PEK, and they were happy to book that itinerary on the phone (both EWR-CDG and CDG-PEK were available online, but EWR-CDG-PEK was not).

I have found it is getting much easier to book married segment itineraries on the phone now, even without sending them screen shots.
This is great news; i.e. booking married segment itineraries over the phone - were you able to complete the booking all in one call, including payment for miles/fees/taxes?? The biggest issue with the screen shot method is waiting for the phone call for payment.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*S

How long is your connection hour? Someone says that the connection hour cannot be longer that 8 hours.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mayama
How long is your connection hour? Someone says that the connection hour cannot be longer that 8 hours.
In theory, manual bookings follow the standard rules in place before the problems started. For the best chances of success you should aim for connections of 8 hours or less (connections above 8 hours were not offered on-line).

YMMV - worth trying for 8+ hours, but they may reject it.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by mayama
It was less than 8 hours
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:10 pm

I was trying to book CA's new PEK-AKL flight, got the same error message.

Also tried PEK-ICN-SYD by CA and OZ, got the same error message again, so ended up in PEK-ICN-SYD by OZ.

Finally, checked a HKG-PEK-FRA-TLV itinerary by CA+CA+LH and tried to book it, again, the same error message.

Have no idea what was going on b/w these two unreliable airlines' system.....
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:52 am

yep, i got the same error when i tried to book a one way CA ticket PEK-MXP on early Oct, there is seats available on AC/CA/UA websites, and also AV, but failed to next step with errors ToT
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:07 am

Can anyone share recent experience(s) re. the above? Trying to book some CA flights now and showing the same error out messages... A bit hesitant to call LM because we all know how much fun that would be...
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Can anyone share recent experience(s) re. the above? Trying to book some CA flights now and showing the same error out messages... A bit hesitant to call LM because we all know how much fun that would be...
Last time I booked CA (~2 months ago), I also had it error out. I didn't call LM but emailed them screenshot of the flights and error msg, and they manually booked and called me to collect payment. Which wasn't all that straightforward because it took 45 minutes to take down billing address, CC #, process the payment, etc. then their system was down, etc. etc. But it worked in the end. I assume I could follow the same process now and book the flights, since LM hasn't and probably won't fix their site anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.