FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LifeMiles Can't Book Air China (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1683220-lifemiles-cant-book-air-china.html)

Chinamanmakalo May 27, 2015 11:02 pm

LifeMiles Can't Book Air China

When I try to book Air China from MEL to PEK, I can see there is availability, but when I go to the next step (Itinerary), the websites shows me an error message. I tried to called LifeMiles for 4 hours and emailed them, neither solved the problem. :mad::mad::mad: Any advice or thoughts? :confused:

soy May 28, 2015 7:13 am

Confirm availability elsewhere (NH, AC, UA etc) and if real, try contacting them via social media as they are often more responsive

Jayz_004 May 29, 2015 12:42 pm

I got a response from them saying CA isn't releasing any seats for them. They don't know why the availability shows up on their website

JohnnyColombia May 29, 2015 12:46 pm

I booked an Air China award without problems and in the thread I started about a problem on the Air China website, there were plenty of others that had booked CA awards too.

scibuff May 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jayz_004 (Post 24888390)
I got a response from them saying CA isn't releasing any seats for them. They don't know why the availability shows up on their website

That simply isn't true you can book plenty of other routes on CA through LM.

The problem here is the specific route. There is a reason why it errors out and there is a way around it but that's for the trick-it section ...

liveinsydney May 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 24889004)

The problem here is the specific route. There is a reason why it errors out and there is a way around it but that's for the trick-it section ...

Could you please explain a bit more about the trick-in section? Thanks^

Aussie_flyer May 31, 2015 2:36 am

Originally Posted by liveinsydney (Post 24894088)
Could you please explain a bit more about the trick-in section? Thanks^

wow, 4 posts in 9 years, impressive record. You can go and read the trick-it thread, if you like.

chisquared Jun 4, 2015 6:22 pm

Has anyone had any luck with this recently?

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jun 5, 2015 1:42 am

I'm getting the same problem. Australia to China is showing available on LM, confirmed on UA. Once selecting the flight on the LM website, it returns the error message.

Frustrating!

Jayz_004 Jun 6, 2015 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 24889004)

Well, I was simply looking at PEK-PVG. Couldn't get any CA flight to go to the booking screen.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jun 6, 2015 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jayz_004 (Post 24930502)
Well, I was simply looking at PEK-PVG. Couldn't get any CA flight to go to the booking screen.

I also tried some other random routes ex China to Japan and Sth Korea. Also returning error messages. I don't know if the reports of work arounds are actually able to be implemented (on line at least).

JohnnyColombia Jun 8, 2015 1:23 pm

I am holding SIN PEK in C. I see SIN PEK in both Y and C on lots of dates and I am having no problem clicking through to flight details then on to pax info.

Jayz_004 Jun 9, 2015 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia (Post 24938143)
I am holding SIN PEK in C. I see SIN PEK in both Y and C on lots of dates and I am having no problem clicking through to flight details then on to pax info.

Tried SIN-PEK on multiple dates in July. Still errors out.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jun 9, 2015 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jayz_004 (Post 24944174)
Tried SIN-PEK on multiple dates in July. Still errors out.

Same here for random dates in September SIN-PEK. Maybe it's a regional block depending where the person logs in?

JohnnyColombia Jun 9, 2015 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 24944632)
Same here for random dates in September SIN-PEK. Maybe it's a regional block depending where the person logs in?

Disconcerting :confused:

I doubt you are being geo-blocked but there have been instances in the past when I have had "features" that others have not presumably because I have an old pre-Lifemiles account. Not something I'd gloat about because it invariably means that I am going to lose those features imminently too.

I hope there is a simpler explanation for your not being able to book CA, have any of you called LM to ask them about it?