FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

KiFly May 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Ok, this is new to me.
Booked a well known tricked route and got the message "could not process credit card payment ...bla bla... please call our call center".

PNR created, miles are still there.

Obviously I don't want to call. Anyone had this before ? Will the reservation just be canceled if I don't call and thus no payment will go through ?

Any help appreciated

Air Rarotonga May 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by KiFly (Post 22933614)
Any help appreciated

What about some research by yourself first?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...lifemiles.html

yerffej201 May 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by KiFly (Post 22933614)
Ok, this is new to me.
Booked a well known tricked route and got the message "could not process credit card payment ...bla bla... please call our call center".

PNR created, miles are still there.

Obviously I don't want to call. Anyone had this before ? Will the reservation just be canceled if I don't call and thus no payment will go through ?

Any help appreciated

Yes the reservation will not go through. You'll need to wait for the seats to come back (if they do) and try again.

Prospero May 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Folks, this thread can only flourish if the topic is adhered to. Several personal digs have been removed. Please set aside past animosities that sullied the old thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Prospero
Senior Moderator

scibuff May 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko (Post 22933095)
Not tons, but all of them.

nah, some still work, just not the absolutely cheapest ones, but you can still get some good savings.

superpointsLXflyer May 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22934319)
nah, some still work, just not the absolutely cheapest ones, but you can still get some good savings.

My guess is that the IF statement guys only killed what has been booked (multiple times) or what could get them into additional trouble with the DOT

imverge May 27, 2014 3:45 pm

FYI: UA airport station at SUSHI is compiling a list of no-show PNR'S where CANDY was dropped. What they plan on doing with that info is not yet known.

What is known: 163 no-shows this year to date ALL originating from NA ALL ticketed in 202 stock (TACA) :eek:

Word of advice: Make sure if you are booked to CANDY you actually eat CANDY.

I'll keep the thread posted when my UA contact provides more 411.

Added: Pineapple to Candy no shows 241 YTD again all ticketed on TACA

catharsis May 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Hmmmm...

Expect to see UA pushing for Candy to be recoded to match UAs zoning I would guess.... this sort of investigation will not lead to nothing, there will be consequences....:(

Artemio May 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Just an info: 10% more expensive starting Oct 1st '14

LifeMiles just emailed a reminder today that included information about upcoming price rise of 10% starting on October 1, 2014.

Avianca is selling LifeMiles for $30 per 1,000 miles purchased (or per 2,000 miles during 2for1 promo), so it will be for $33 per 1,000 miles from Oct 1st.

JessicaTam May 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio (Post 22934982)
LifeMiles just emailed a reminder today that included information about upcoming price rise of 10% starting on October 1, 2014.

Avianca is selling LifeMiles for $30 per 1,000 miles purchased (or per 2,000 miles during 2for1 promo), so it will be for $33 per 1,000 miles from Oct 1st.

And the current 2 for 1 promo finishes in three days.

babypuwet May 27, 2014 7:01 pm

received an email today from LM proactively re-booking my candy eating kitty route. On it, had the LM contact number and told me to ask for the lifemiles back room. When I called, they politely explained it violated US laws (with no mention of cabotage...guess they dont know the terminology). They offered me the pineapple route with the old business class with no other options other than cancel. Since this booking is for my elderly parents, i need the lie flat business class seat, so I requested to cancel and refund. The nice lady explained to me that it can take up to 72 hours to process, but there will be no cancellation fee of $50 per ticket. The whole call took 32 minutes, of which the first 14 or so was waiting to be transferred to the right department. So it was rather painless.

JDiver May 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Let me put it a bit more bluntly than my nice colleague oliver2002.

The reason the "Rebooted v2.0" thread exists is because it was deemed useful by the value of information imparted and degree of participation, so we (Senior Moderators) agreed a "Rebooted v2.0" thread would preserve the function without the vitriol.

It is time to move on from past animus and upset. If this truly can't be done and the thread becomes maintenance intensive, disruptive and, we must reconsider discipline for members who are incapable of moving on to a more productive realm; I would personally hate to do that, but it is up to each and every of us.

Thank you for your understanding. Travel safely and well.

JDiver, Senior Moderator

mlqsko May 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22934319)

Yet, you get to pay 55% more miles than usual, for example.

SFOvacations May 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 22934421)
FYI: UA airport station at SUSHI is compiling a list of no-show PNR'S where CANDY was dropped. What they plan on doing with that info is not yet known.

What is known: 163 no-shows this year to date ALL originating from NA ALL ticketed in 202 stock (TACA) :eek:

Word of advice: Make sure if you are booked to CANDY you actually eat CANDY.

I'll keep the thread posted when my UA contact provides more 411.

Added: Pineapple to Candy no shows 241 YTD again all ticketed on TACA

Maybe it'll be a good idea to not use your UA MP# if you don't intend to eat the candy. Or your account may get blacklisted for hidden city ticketing.

yerffej201 May 28, 2014 1:32 am

Originally Posted by SFOvacations (Post 22936391)
Maybe it'll be a good idea to not use your UA MP# if you don't intend to eat the candy. Or your account may get blacklisted for hidden city ticketing.

I think your lm number is already attached to the ticket no?