FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

Jermyn May 28, 2014 2:40 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 22933788)
Yes the reservation will not go through. You'll need to wait for the seats to come back (if they do) and try again.

In my experience your statement is incorrect.

I booked SQ J from SIN-FRA on the A380.
After inputting my credit card details I got the credit card error.
I called lifemiles, held for about 5 minutes whilst they checked and was told that I'd receive the e-ticket in the next 24 hours.

2 hours later, the e-ticket arrived.

caveat: I am Spanish and had no problems communicating. Experiences in English may vary.

montezume May 28, 2014 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn (Post 22936831)
In my experience your statement is incorrect.

I booked SQ J from SIN-FRA on the A380.
After inputting my credit card details I got the credit card error.
I called lifemiles, held for about 5 minutes whilst they checked and was told that I'd receive the e-ticket in the next 24 hours.

2 hours later, the e-ticket arrived.

caveat: I am Spanish and had no problems communicating. Experiences in English may vary.

Calling when booking a tricked itinerary is a bad idea.

Aussie_flyer May 28, 2014 5:05 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 22936683)
I think your lm number is already attached to the ticket no?

Obviously the poster is referring to adding your ua number after booking. For recognition as a UA elite

montezume May 28, 2014 5:06 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 22936683)
I think your lm number is already attached to the ticket no?

Some people attach other FF numbers to their reservations to try to take advantage of elite benefits, etc. In this case, it might not be the best idea.

Jermyn May 28, 2014 5:24 am

Originally Posted by montezume (Post 22937100)
Calling when booking a tricked itinerary is a bad idea.

No tricks needed.
SQ 77W and 388 J space shows up pretty frequently on the search, without forcing dates or carriers.

Suites needs tricks though, so I hear.

AirCanada881 May 28, 2014 5:27 am

I'm still seeing C2 to C1 very happily

montezume May 28, 2014 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn (Post 22937142)
No tricks needed.
SQ 77W and 388 J space shows up pretty frequently on the search, without forcing dates or carriers.

Except the original question was

Originally Posted by KiFly
Ok, this is new to me.
Booked a well known tricked route and got the message "could not process credit card payment ...bla bla... please call our call center".

PNR created, miles are still there.

Obviously I don't want to call. Anyone had this before ? Will the reservation just be canceled if I don't call and thus no payment will go through ?

Any help appreciated

germantraveler May 28, 2014 5:38 am

IMHO the now unavailable boomerangs have nothing to do with a change of LM's internal award space search algorithm.

Every (!) boomerang that used to been available on LM could be found in the Amadeus timetable so it was my conclusion that LM uses the Amadeus timetable for route search and then checks class availability on the segments found within that timetable.

When you now search for the same boomerangs in the Amadeus timetable, they are gone.

To verify my hypothesis, I did just a random search for "forced carrier" boomerangs within the Amadeus timetable and did found for example a C3-C2-C2.5...
... and: This boomerang still shows up in LM.

Final conclusion:
LM did not change anything within their algorithm...
BUT...
Amadeus changed it's timetable search algorithm.

Aussie_flyer May 28, 2014 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef (Post 22937158)
I'm still seeing C2 to C1

Was that supposed to be coded?

Totally pathetic attempt if so. Seriously this thread may as well cease to exist. Everything is known. Nothing is new, and the sad attempts at coding are just giving it all away.

AirCanada881 May 28, 2014 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer (Post 22937201)
Was that supposed to be coded?

Totally pathetic attempt if so. Seriously this thread may as well cease to exist. Everything is known. Nothing is new, and the sad attempts at coding are just giving it all away.

You're smart enough to recognize code, good for you :) Now I'd advise using the same intellect in making sure your youtube videos aren't more shaky than an earthquake ;)

Jermyn May 28, 2014 6:18 am

Originally Posted by montezume (Post 22937162)
Except the original question was

Sorry, missed that :(

For the sake of clarity:

The credit card error appears on both tricked an non-tricked itineraries.
In my experience, a phone call quickly clears things up and ensures that you are ticketed.

However, if your itinerary is tricked, it is best not to call. You should wait 2 days and if you still see no e-ticket. If no ticket, move on.

Deltahater May 28, 2014 7:03 am

Originally Posted by germantraveler (Post 22937200)
IMHO the now unavailable boomerangs have nothing to do with a change of LM's internal award space search algorithm.

Every (!) boomerang that used to been available on LM could be found in the Amadeus timetable so it was my conclusion that LM uses the Amadeus timetable for route search and then checks class availability on the segments found within that timetable.

When you now search for the same boomerangs in the Amadeus timetable, they are gone.

To verify my hypothesis, I did just a random search for "forced carrier" boomerangs within the Amadeus timetable and did found for example a C3-C2-C2.5...
... and: This boomerang still shows up in LM.

Final conclusion:
BUT...

Any guesses as to why Amadeus changed?

zlatan_tu May 28, 2014 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn (Post 22937142)
No tricks needed.

is it possible to book suites with LM?

zlatan_tu May 28, 2014 7:30 am

how to search the Amadeus timetable for boomerangs?

hannes08 May 28, 2014 7:54 am

Final conclusion:
BUT...

Expertflyer shows also non of the "old" bummerangs anymore.

This change may be a result of the investigations of DOT...