Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

question regarding credit card processing problem on lifemiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi I try to book an award ticket through lifemiles, but get the following information:

Dear member, we could not process the credit card transaction. Please call our call center to check your transaction status where we will assist you in solving this issue. Please have at hand your frequent flyer number and record locator ready.

my miles is not deducted from my account, my credit card is not charged, but when I check the reservation code through check my trip, the status shows confirmed.

As the card first time didnt go through, so I try to rebook the ticket again, so I got the same message again with a different reservation code.

My question is: if I dont call them, my credit card wont be charged and my miles wont be deducted?

Or in a few days they will charge me twice.

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:26 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hmmmm this a tough one.

Even my Avianca Lifemiles Visa I have to call up for to make a reservation. But I have never booked twice and never not called them to push it through.

I'd be inclined to call with both reservation numbers. Ask them to push one through and cancel the other.

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Sep 24, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
If you dont call both will be cancelled by the operating airlines. You will have no booking at all and be in the same position you started. Why didn't you just call originally as instructed? Now you are holding an extra award seat for no reason.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
This is what I do when I have problems with a LifeMiles reservation:

1. Delete all temporary Internet data first, I also think that LifeMiles works best with Internet Explorer

2. Copy the record locator on the "payment is processing" page and see if the flights are ticketed even though it gave you an error (happened to me!)

3. If I get a payment error, I just press the back button and "reload". That usually solves the problem
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I have been told by a couple of CC companies that the El Salvador location is an automatic fraud block. Apparently, cloning seems to be a big problem there. Imagine that. A poor, country with a communist president having crime problems.

Oddly, US Bank, issuer of my LifeMiles card is one of the banks that won't honor a charge there. My Chase United Club card works just fine every time. That's better for me, as they have no foreign transaction fees, and I earn 1.5 miles/dollar on UA for my spend.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:36 pm

even it shows confirmed in checkmytrip.com, you still need to call, they still have not ticketed your flight yet, just like a holding ticket
if no call, the ticket will be cancelled in 48 hours
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:40 pm

at my checmytrip.com, you need to click the passenger detail,
If you donot see the E-ticket number 202-xxxxxxxxxx , the flight is actually not ticketed yet
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lisa2926
at my checmytrip.com, you need to click the passenger detail,
If you donot see the E-ticket number 202-xxxxxxxxxx , the flight is actually not ticketed yet
I have never had success using checkmytrip.com, even when I have a confirmed ticket. What browser and OS are you using?

It may be that it is not optimized for Mac. I'm using it on a Mac running Mountain Lion and trying to run it on Chrome or Firefox. It always says that my itinerary can't be found.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:40 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I have never had success using checkmytrip.com, even when I have a confirmed ticket. What browser and OS are you using?

It may be that it is not optimized for Mac. I'm using it on a Mac running Mountain Lion and trying to run it on Chrome or Firefox. It always says that my itinerary can't be found.
Works on Chrome/Mac for me.

My ticket numbers are always 134-XXXXXXXXXXX though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.