Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to award bookings made online

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Changes to award bookings made online

I need to book a one-way award ticket XXX-BKK-YYY; the website does not allow stops to be booked, but I understand stops are permissible for one-way journeys. Is that correct?

Also, if I book a ticket online without a stop, can it be modified later (on the phone, through the call center) without a penalty?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golmaale
I need to book a one-way award ticket XXX-BKK-YYY; the website does not allow stops to be booked, but I understand stops are permissible for one-way journeys. Is that correct?

Also, if I book a ticket online without a stop, can it be modified later (on the phone, through the call center) without a penalty?
You can generally only book the connections you see online. En-route stopovers are not possible on any awards - call center will price them as multiple one-way trips.

The change fee is $150, and they shall not allow you to change the destination (if you're thinking of booking the award partially and adding a segment). 4/5 times the experience with the call center is awful. Most people cancel awards ($50) and rebook ($25) instead of paying the change fee ($150).
Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Rules in the Stopover thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21087219-post37.html
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Still doubt you can make a stopover on a round trip, even if you manage to convince an agent to add one into the journey. The system just won't price it.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... Your chances are very slim to none. Don't waste your time, I've never seen a report here from who someone who was able to do it.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:22 pm

it will waste ur time to do so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.