Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by linglingbj
Can I ask what routes from the China recommend? Thx~
oh yes, anything in First
Old May 18, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Haven't really been following the thread closet but hoping I will get some assistance.

Trying to book a C6 to C1 itinerary which involves a 3X. The LM booking engine shows the flights but when I select them and hit continue this comes up:

Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.

Is this a temporary problem?
Old May 18, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by zainman
Haven't really been following the thread closet but hoping I will get some assistance.

Trying to book a C6 to C1 itinerary which involves a 3X. The LM booking engine shows the flights but when I select them and hit continue this comes up:

Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.

Only time will tell whether you have a temporary problem.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I wasn't aware you could do a 3X on LM, doesn't that refer to fuel dumping? LM has no fuel surcharges. I would assume you are referring to hidden city ticketing.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold

IME this message means its unbookable or phantom availability. But who knows - it is LM after all...
Old May 18, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
Ich bin mit dir und konzentriere mich auch nur, auf das Reisen.
kannst mal nachschauen bei: myflightmemory.com/fischamend

Ich bin in Wien zu Hause wenn ich nicht gerade unterwegs bin du kannst mir gerne eine PM senden
lg. aus Wien Jürgen
ehm, Jürgen, Servus!
You are aware that this is an English language forum? The German one is next door
Old May 18, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
ehm, Jürgen, Servus!
You are aware that this is an English language forum? The German one is next door
Leider kann ich nicht Slovakische hier sprechen
Old May 18, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold

Trying to book a C6 to C1 itinerary which involves a 3X.
There is no 3x on LM. I think you want to drop the last segment of your trip, but it has nothing to do with 3X.

Just try the same route tomorrow and you will have an answer
Old May 18, 2014, 12:39 pm

3X (or in the case of LM, mostly 2X) are things you add on to improve the cost of travel. It doesn't pertain only to FD; there are other things we've adopted from the other trick-it. You all understood what he was saying. IMO people here should use 2X/3X instead of spelling out things that probably shouldn't be, like hidden cities and dropping segments.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Maayan
3X (or in the case of LM, mostly 2X) are things you add on to improve the cost of travel.

3x definition is when you book AAA-BBB , BBB-AAA, CCC-DDD on one ticket. There is no such thing in LM
Old May 18, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ulus
3x definition is when you book AAA-BBB , BBB-AAA, CCC-DDD on one ticket. There is no such thing in LM
Actually 3X definition is when you book AAA-BBB, CCC-DDD, EEE-FFF. There is no requirement for the second leg to be the reverse of the first leg.

You don't have to use it here if you don't like it. zainman found it good for use here, and so do I. The LM boomerangs are exactly one ticket with a 2X or even a 3X.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:55 pm

Actually 3X definition is when you book AAA-BBB, CCC-DDD, EEE-FFF. There is no requirement for the second leg to be the reverse of the first leg.

You don't have to use it here if you don't like it. zainman found it good for use here, and so do I. The LM boomerangs are exactly one ticket with a 2X or even a 3X.
Don't you mean AAA-BBB, BBB-CCC, CCC-DDD?
Old May 18, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Don't you mean AAA-BBB, BBB-CCC, CCC-DDD?
Not at all! Don't make that mistake! The 3X is very often completely unrelated to the cities of the actual intended trip. And you'll find many examples of DOJs in the actual intended trip. But now this really doesn't belong here.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:01 pm

Not at all! Don't make that mistake! The 3X is very often completely unrelated to the cities of the actual intended trip. And you'll find many examples of DOJs in the actual intended trip. But now this really doesn't belong here.
Eeek I better go back to studying then
Old May 18, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Eeek I better go back to studying then
Why waste your time on FD, which pertains primarily to travel in Y, when LM and USDM let you fly around the world cheaply and in class? I haven't bought an int'l ticket in over three years. Miles is the way the go, while it lasts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.