Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:55 am

First time trying to use LifeMiles and I'm getting "Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction." errors when trying to book one flight and the return flight availability doesn't show at all (despite what United/Expertflyer says).

Time to try the dreaded booking agents...hope this isn't as painful as I've heard it to be...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drquack02
First time trying to use LifeMiles and I'm getting "Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction." errors when trying to book one flight and the return flight availability doesn't show at all (despite what United/Expertflyer says).

Time to try the dreaded booking agents...hope this isn't as painful as I've heard it to be...
Maybe it was not meant to be. I suggest you try another program.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:08 pm

I just had the same thing with a CA award BNE-YVR. Sent the email, and the response was send screen shots, passport pix etc. The following day I got the booking ref - called the US number, spent 20 minutes total (there was one dropout, but I got the same agent when I called back), & was all OK. 80k miles + US$1377 for 2 in J.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
I just had the same thing with a CA award BNE-YVR. Sent the email, and the response was send screen shots, passport pix etc. The following day I got the booking ref - called the US number, spent 20 minutes total (there was one dropout, but I got the same agent when I called back), & was all OK. 80k miles + US$1377 for 2 in J.
I'm sure you mean Air Canada (AC) and not Air China (CA) - but good they booked it - for some reason AC seems to always error out when selecting flights.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:15 pm

Oops, I plead geriatric dyslexia. I did mean AC.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:54 pm

Ive been in the market for LX or OS J in June. Since this error has showed up, I have been unable to book. I tried some alternate destinations today, and I was able to find J award space on LX from DME-ZRH-ORD that I could get to the passenger info page. This is odd considering there is no available award space ZRH-ORD on a separate search. It is very tempting to try and book this, but I am unsure of transit difficulties through DME arriving on a separate ticket (coming from a CIS country). United did show the same space.
There was award space available on OS DME-VIE-ORD, but I was unable to get past the selection page.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:01 pm

The manual booking via email for Miles&More partners is ridiculous, I've missed out on two award bookings because they are so slow to escalate and confirm. I don't understand why this can't be done over the phone.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:12 pm

If my screenshot shows A-B-C, is it possible to have them only use the A-B segment when doing a manual booking?

I'm unable to get their search engine (even after using Firebug) to reproduce the A-B segment on the desired date with the preferred carrier, but somehow searching A-C shows the A-B segment.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try. From your post I understand that the engine DOES show you A-B, just not on an airline you'd want, correct?
BTW, did you try to limit by departure time (and not airline), too?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try. From your post I understand that the engine DOES show you A-B, just not on an airline you'd want, correct?
BTW, did you try to limit by departure time (and not airline), too?
Thanks WVW. Yep, I limited by departure time as well, no luck.

- Search engine shows all A-B-C segments on Lufthansa.

- I want to fly A-B in Lufthansa; A-B-C is ok, but having one less segment would be more convenient.
- Search engine only shows A-B-C, and on Lufthansa.
- When I search A-B using Lufthansa from the dropdown menu + Firebug, I am unable to replicate.

- The only way the search engine shows A-B is if I search A-C.

Possible to separate out A-B during screenshot booking? Hope that's somewhat clearer....
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:06 pm

google married segments!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:16 am

LifeMiles can only select Avianca flights

since this month I can only select Avianca flights
every time I select other carriers I receive the following error message:

Sorry, there was a problem processing your transaction
Please try again if your problem persists or you need additional information
please contact LifeMiles support

anybody same issues please post

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by macssam
since this month I can only select Avianca flights
every time I select other carriers I receive the following error message:

Sorry, there was a problem processing your transaction
Please try again if your problem persists or you need additional information
please contact LifeMiles support

anybody same issues please post
I can still select other carriers. That error message seems to appear with the same frequency as previously.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:11 am

Seems LM is blocking NZ J across the board. Confirmed space with EF and available to UA, nothing on LM.

....ers.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:32 am

since days no answer from LifeMiles support
when I call Avianca / LifeMiles
they keep telling me they are working on my case in priority mode
nothing but lies so far

I cant even book a return flight
I really stuck with all these useless LifeMiles

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Seems LM is blocking NZ J across the board. Confirmed space with EF and available to UA, nothing on LM.

....ers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.