Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by royal757
How do I contact the special department? The support email? They seem to be the same people than the call center and useless.
it works though. i called in to have them hold a flight, they could not find it. emailed support with a screenshot, they had a ticket waiting for me the next morning and was waiting for billing department to call.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
good luck, lifemiles allows to only book saver bussiness rewards - which are very hard to catach. In my 3yr history with lifemiles I was never able to book full round trip. it is always oneway.
i got one in 2019 before covid. so not bad
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:42 pm

Has anyone had success with the screenshot method recently? I sent an email on 72 hours ago and have yet to hear back, even with a follow-up note. Previously there was a response within a day followed by waiting around for a call
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by IronMaiden747
Has anyone had success with the screenshot method recently? I sent an email on 72 hours ago and have yet to hear back, even with a follow-up note. Previously there was a response within a day followed by waiting around for a call
Send again if you haven't heard within 24 hrs. Happened to me before.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Traditionally there hasn't been any restriction on the forward availability of LH biz class. First class was restricted to 14 days... although I think I read that might now be 30? Is there availability on the dates you want for LH on other star booking engines such as United or Aeroplan?
tried looking on united and air canada - but found none. last i see for my return flights are in march 2022 but i want april 2022
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:10 am

Has anyone else been unable to access lifemiles.com?

I keep getting

An Error just ocurred

Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again. If the problem persists contact our Call Center.

It's been like this for around two weeks! I assumed it was just my computer/browser but i've tried multiple browsers and two different laptops and no joy.

I mean I know lifemiles are inefficient but surely not THAT inefficient to have their online service out of order for over a week?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by 108912

I keep getting

An Error just ocurred

Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again. If the problem persists contact our Call Center.

It's been like this for around two weeks! I assumed it was just my computer/browser but i've tried multiple browsers and two different laptops and no joy.

I mean I know lifemiles are inefficient but surely not THAT inefficient to have their online service out of order for over a week?
I've had and continue to have the same issues
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by 108912

I keep getting

An Error just ocurred

I also experienced this issue when logging on from the home screen - I got around it by not logging on and starting a search - LM then asked me to logon - which I did and the website worked fine from there on. Once you get the error the first time - you need to wait (for a few minutes) before trying the work around (I presume for the 'failed' logon to timeout) I figured the issue would eventually get fixed by LM.
mlqsko and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by pschafer
I also experienced this issue when logging on from the home screen - I got around it by not logging on and starting a search - LM then asked me to logon - which I did and the website worked fine from there on. Once you get the error the first time - you need to wait (for a few minutes) before trying the work around (I presume for the 'failed' logon to timeout) I figured the issue would eventually get fixed by LM.
Thanks very much for the tip! Worked for me and I had the same problem... asked the Lifemiles helpdesk and they wanted me to send in a copy of my passport to reset my account
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:23 pm

How long do Lifemiles take to reflect

Hey everyone. I’ve just bought Lifemiles for the first time a day back for an award booking from JFK-DEL.
While executing the booking, it showed an error that account doesn’t have any miles. I checked in the activity section, under December 2021, it showed the points bought, but at the top my account still says 0.
Any idea how long they take to reflect in the account or should I be writing to lifemiles support.
Would appreciate the input.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:37 pm

Has anyone used screenshot method for AirCanada redemptions last couple of weeks? Looks like they're responding for ages and availability is already gone when they do. Sent messages several days in a row, that did not help unfortunately.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
have the same right now.
7 day delay and the first fligth is gone.....
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
There's an "interesting" option now for flights between Australia & Bangkok, only appeared in the past 24 hours - "Business on sale" under Thai Airways, marked other options. Selecting it leads to a blank page
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
There's an "interesting" option now for flights between Australia & Bangkok, only appeared in the past 24 hours - "Business on sale" under Thai Airways, marked other options. Selecting it leads to a blank page
Isn't 'other fare options' some sort of paid or points+pay scheme? I though I read something like that a few weeks ago... along the lines of them selling a revenue fare but you can use points towards it.

Interestingly Aeroplan is selling biz class awards
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Isn't 'other fare options' some sort of paid or points+pay scheme? I though I read something like that a few weeks ago... along the lines of them selling a revenue fare but you can use points towards it.
There is but it's Economy Class on other airlines. Who knows what this might be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.