Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Alex Huerta
A data point - booked a domestic UA flight in Y for September but I ended up having to do it over the phone - got the usual error at the confirmation point on the website, so I emailed the booking details and sent in screenshots. Based on my results, I'm not actually sure if I needed the screenshots or if I already had a partially complete booking in my account - about 3 days after the email I got a response with the reservation information noting that it was ready for me to call and pay, and right after that email they actually called me and walked me through the process, which was fairly painless (except having to say my credit card info out loud in the gift shop of a museum).

I actually booked a different UA domestic flight in Y for January and was able to do it all via the website (this was about a month ago). Not sure why it worked one time and didn't the next.

Agree with you - screenshots probably not necessary in this case. Usually screenshots are required if you can't find your itinerary on line. If you can see it, the call centre can see it. If there were still available seats they could have booked it for you.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Right now one can't even log in, tried for the last few hours and either it goes straight to error out before even the log in screen comes up or after login it goes to error. Ahh LM, it is only 2021 so I guess a website that at least can perform basic functions is still too much of an expectation. Alas, we shall wait patiently until you sort yourself out.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by demue
Right now one can't even log in, tried for the last few hours and either it goes straight to error out before even the log in screen comes up or after login it goes to error. Ahh LM, it is only 2021 so I guess a website that at least can perform basic functions is still too much of an expectation. Alas, we shall wait patiently until you sort yourself out.

mine working already. earlier it was not working.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I can log in now, but still "shaky". Also, it does not seem to like or rather struggle with Incognito mode (same in Chrome & Edge) at least for me. Oh well, nothing urgent that needs doing, but just adds to the unpredictability of LM. YMMV.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:41 pm

Is anyone having the same problem? The site wouldn't respond when you click on continue to redemption.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Yes. Exact same problem.

Originally Posted by aqwe
Is anyone having the same problem? The site wouldn't respond when you click on continue to redemption.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:53 am

I'm trying to book a cash fare on Avianca IAD-LPB via BOG for September. When I go to search for dates I am getting a "We have no flights available on that date. (7959)" error for any dates I select. According to Google flights there are flights operating, just 2x weekly. Anyone else having issues trying to book a cash fare?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I can’t find any J awards US-CGK. Usually can find a decent supply on at least one leg, from the west coast.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Yes. Exact same problem.
fill in your emergency contact and I can continue.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:24 pm
Original Member

Extend Lifemiles ?

Anyone figure out the best way to extend lifemiles expiration date?

Will a Marriott points transfer work?

I tried booking a hotel via lifemiles link hotels.com
It’s not very clear how to give them your life Miles number I put it in the remarks. Hotel responded they didn’t know what it was I was referring to ???
Typical lifemiles! Nothing is simple or Clear!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:09 am

Why don't you have a read in the Lifemiles Expiration thread which should be still on first page of threads in this forum. Maybe some of the methods recently reported will work for you? YMMV.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:07 pm

Helvetic airways

Has anyone successfully booked flights on Helvetic airways? Trying to book JFK-ZRH-MRS on LX. The JFK-ZRH segment appears just fine, but the ZRH-MRS does not. Bookable on Aeroplan and United, but no luck on LM. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by frequentflyer11111
Has anyone successfully booked flights on Helvetic airways? Trying to book JFK-ZRH-MRS on LX. The JFK-ZRH segment appears just fine, but the ZRH-MRS does not. Bookable on Aeroplan and United, but no luck on LM. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
I suspect the issue is that Helvetic Airways is not a Star Alliance member airline. Lifemiles can book *A member airlines but not necessarily their regional partner airlines like Helvetic. I ran in to a similar situation with LX and Eurowings. Bookable on United but Lifemiles could only book the LX flight, not the Eurowings connection. I ended up booking on United. I believe United and Aeroplan have separate partner agreements with some of the regional carriers like Eurowings and Helvetic so they can offer more options.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
AC zero domestic availability

Latest iteration of LM issues seems to be zero Air Canada domestic availability even where this is open for other *A carriers. I’ve been patient and got good value over the years but my patience is wearing thin at this point.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by markandrew
Latest iteration of LM issues seems to be zero Air Canada domestic availability even where this is open for other *A carriers. I’ve been patient and got good value over the years but my patience is wearing thin at this point.

Yep.. Nothing available domestically when United and ANA are showing ample availability. lame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.