Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
I still see old language also ....
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:15 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vacation time
I still see old language also ....
Found it. It's out on the main lifemiles.com site - not (yet?) on shop.lifemiles.com.

As with other incremental changes to the program, this is good. It's an implicit admission that the earlier terms were accurate, but that they decided to tighten them up.

Granted, we could see a lot of problems, but they'd be hard-pressed to argue that their original terms didn't mean what we all took them to mean, now that they've changed the meaning to exclude what we were all doing.

Keep your screenshots!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
What makes you think that those of us who got in early will still get the bonus for 250 miles for each purchase? I know they were slow to shut it down and moved incrementally, but why does that mean they won't just retroactively apply the changes?

I really hope you're right. I was just curious about your reasoning.
Because that's how we always think when this sort of thing happens. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Wow - for some reason, I can only get the old language. Here's what I see:

That's from this page:

http://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pro...nf.aspx?D=DOF2

Is there another page I'm missing?
After clicking on the store of your choice and linking to the retailer site a message pops up stating that a $25 minimum is required for the 250 bonus.

Game over Man!

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
it's on shop.lifemiles.com now, very big print lol

what a backflip!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
What makes you think that those of us who got in early will still get the bonus for 250 miles for each purchase? I know they were slow to shut it down and moved incrementally, but why does that mean they won't just retroactively apply the changes?

I really hope you're right. I was just curious about your reasoning.
That wasn't me, but my reasoning is, the company that runs the mall is in the US and is subject to laws that protect consumers in situations like this. It may take court fights, but considering how clear-cut this is, and the changes they've now made to stop it, I can't see how a court could conclude that this mall company can apply changes retroactively. I'm not a lawyer, but I do believe that wouldn't be allowed by any court.

Now, if they tried to make the argument that they were just clarifying, that's a different story. But with all of the screenshots we all have, I think we can shoot that down.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dazz81
it's on shop.lifemiles.com now, very big print lol

what a backflip!
Right - but they still haven't gotten in touch with the webmaster at the www page yet:

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...nf.aspx?D=DOF2

They must be seriously scrambling over there.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Ok...now what?

Originally Posted by josephstern
Found it. It's out on the main lifemiles.com site - not (yet?) on shop.lifemiles.com.

As with other incremental changes to the program, this is good. It's an implicit admission that the earlier terms were accurate, but that they decided to tighten them up.

Granted, we could see a lot of problems, but they'd be hard-pressed to argue that their original terms didn't mean what we all took them to mean, now that they've changed the meaning to exclude what we were all doing.

Keep your screenshots!
So...what's the plan, everyone?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xlax
So...what's the plan, everyone?
Keep records. Watch their website for updates to your account. Wait at least 45 days.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Wow - from first post to apparent death of the deal took close to 4 days. Think the process can improved to bring that time down a day or two?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:25 pm

I didn't get in on it -- was planning to soon -- but wish luck to those who did.

And 45,000 comments from "lawyers" and "moralists" coming....NOW.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Vacation time
never call the airline
Pretty sure drugstore.com took care of that for us...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:30 pm

Now the question is if prior purchases will be honoured
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:33 pm

I received 14 boxes of various, low cost drugstore.com products today, but had 14 orders cancelled by shop runner for "reselling" or Amex who alerted me to my unusual ordering after blocking the orders. I need these toiletries anyway, so I don't feel I am out money. The pet donations go to my charity line item. It is okay.

Of course, i do hope they honor these orders which i made on Saturday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.