Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
This one is hilarious: http://milevalue.com/roundtrip-flat-...r-1500-all-in/

It starts out that the bonus is not available to new members, but here is how it works anyway
He's rational too. Someone should ask this fool how 'rational' it is to kill this deal by screaming about it from the rooftops.

Originally Posted by jfkeze
At the end of the day, the bloggers are in a race to the bottom, willing to sell their street cred and secrets for just a few 100 more hits...
You know what, most of the bloggers are real noobs - they've been to the same cliched set of destinations (HKG, ZRH, MUC, ICN, DPS, etc.) without really having traveled. When was the last time they went to the Salt Flats in Bolivia or the Himalayas in Bhutan or Nepal or the Australian outback. Heck, there's more to see in New Mexico then there is in ZRH (remember none of these guys ever venture out of the big cities since they only have a couple of days).

And it's blatantly obvious that they don't know jack about deals and awards except what they read on FT. No independent research or due diligence. I'm pretty sure I would be as good at booking awards on the phone as Ben or Gary, but honestly, I value my time more than that.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by ADZ1616
you only get the bonus points for a onetime purchase so your second purchase probably didnt get the bonus awarded
Yes, it did - they showed up immediately; though I could not buy as many as I could have buying all at once.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
linking them just gives them more hits!!
Lol
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
well I noticed another trick on the site, bloggers pay attention... from Fukuoka Japan to El Fasher Sudan via Kursk Russian Federation... in J for a few miles...

again it has to be via Kursk

very cheap ticket... just look up the airport codes... hehe
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:06 am

well I noticed another trick on the site, bloggers pay attention... from Fukuoka Japan to El Fasher Sudan via Kursk Russian Federation... in J for a few miles...

Nice one!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Alright, let's keep this blog flaming down. Otherwise the posts will get moved to another thread again...

I can only be pleased that people don't know the blog post I was referring to, which actually gives away the concepts that are in some of the deleted posts. It was a lot more explicit than just informing readers of the low cost of miles on *A carriers.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
ok, let's play nice again... I had to vent some steam...
Back on topic:
here are some facts: I called AV/TACA today trying to see if it was still alive on the phone. Called the spanish line, asked about certain seats which still had O=1 or 2. No Dice! Seems that AV has blocked all access system-wide to those seats. Agent was curious as to why it was blocked... I know it's just one data point, but who knows...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:30 am

As ol' man Clint said, are you crazy? They can't do that to themselves.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
Yes, I know FT is a school of hard knocks for newbies, but it's part of the hazing process. [/I]
Don't remember "hazing process" as a reason why FT was started or why it used to be a very useful site.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bpoe19
Don't remember "hazing process" as a reason why FT was started or why it used to be a very useful site.
Ever heard of sarcasm?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I understand the reason for secrets when there is a good deal out there. But I don't understand when someone receives a PM from another FT for advice and is not responded to. If you or me cant take advantage of it then it wouldn't hurt for others too before it disappears.

I have worked on this every night for a month i may not be as quick as some but i do put in the hours to make up for it. I have found some routing off the wwe handbook and a few have lent a helping hand along the way and I thank you
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ok, let's play nice again... I had to vent some steam...
Back on topic:
here are some facts: I called AV/TACA today trying to see if it was still alive on the phone. Called the spanish line, asked about certain seats which still had O=1 or 2. No Dice! Seems that AV has blocked all access system-wide to those seats. Agent was curious as to why it was blocked... I know it's just one data point, but who knows...
Hmm... how to tell a spanish speaker to do a long sell...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by lsed
linking them just gives them more hits!!
Lol
We could spam his guest book
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:22 pm

Yesterday i booked a flight with ANA from NRT to JFK in F.
Confirmed and ticketed.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I guess I was lucky to have made a few LX F bookings with lifemiles before the bloggers took it to the bank...and killed it for the rest of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.