Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Wow... just had a "fun" cancellation". I checked with them after a week on why my miles hasn't been refunded and they said the payment didn't go through and the only way to get the miles back is to physically go to a Avianca/TACA office.

After being told that they did sent a couple of of emails trying to get contact me, I did find 2 emails both in Spanish that showed up in my spam folder.

Now I have to head to try to head to a Avianca/TACA office with the closest being in Houston.
That sounds silly. Why would you need to go to a office?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Do you need to pay the cancellation fee there or are they planning on physically giving you the miles?
Both I hope. I dont understand why they can't just take the payment again over the phone.. argh!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:47 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
A quick note - I tried to see if TA/AV could match my AA PLT status and the answer is negative. However, I received my Lifemiles card from MIA a couple of weeks after joining.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by longleaf; Aug 25, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen,
discussing other members is a no-go on FT. There is a healthy discussion going on about bloggers in two spots:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ies-blogs.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...lyer-blog.html

Feel free to contribute there. I have deleted the two OT posts in this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:48 am

This question might sound trivial but I still want to get confirmation from folks on this forum.

I have a one way 1st class ticket from Shanghai to Boston with a connection in Zurich. Can I give up the flight from Zurich to Boston, leave the Zurich custom, and stay in Zurich instead? I am an American citizen. I don't think there is any problem with it. Can you guys please kindly share your knowledge on this? Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tylergupku
This question might sound trivial but I still want to get confirmation from folks on this forum.

I have a one way 1st class ticket from Shanghai to Boston with a connection in Zurich. Can I give up the flight from Zurich to Boston, leave the Zurich custom, and stay in Zurich instead? I am an American citizen. I don't think there is any problem with it. Can you guys please kindly share your knowledge on this? Thanks a lot.
As long as you aren't checking luggage, you should be fine. Why would you want to do this though?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andrewwm
As long as you aren't checking luggage, you should be fine. Why would you want to do this though?
You could probably check luggage, but you should always put the duty-free you buy in Shanghai in your checked luggage when you arrive in ZRH, I'm sure the OP will agree.

You question would also be answered by looking at the award chart. It's more expensive to fly N/S.Asia - EU than to the US.

Points have to be pretty cheap to pay 160k for EU-N.Asia F RT vs 100k through US - granted on US you can't book some airlines. It's not the best value on the chart...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba

How about: Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread @:-)
haha thank you! that's what i wanna do
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Wow... just had a "fun" cancellation". I checked with them after a week on why my miles hasn't been refunded and they said the payment didn't go through and the only way to get the miles back is to physically go to a Avianca/TACA office.

After being told that they did sent a couple of of emails trying to get contact me, I did find 2 emails both in Spanish that showed up in my spam folder.

Now I have to head to try to head to a Avianca/TACA office with the closest being in Houston.
Payment for what didnt go thru? For the award ticket? If so why are they asking you to send more money?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:50 pm

I do not get this: "you should always put the duty-free you buy in Shanghai in your checked luggage when you arrive in ZRH". Can you please explain a little bit more about it?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tylergupku
I do not get this: "you should always put the duty-free you buy in Shanghai in your checked luggage when you arrive in ZRH". Can you please explain a little bit more about it?
No prob. Tell them to only check your suitcase to ZRH. And if you prefer to have an excuse you can say that you need to put your (imaginary) duty-free liquids inside. Don't say imaginary.

Anyway, you're flying F, they're not about to question you or anything, it's not appropriate!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by lsed
Payment for what didnt go thru? For the award ticket? If so why are they asking you to send more money?
Payment for the cancellation. I called them after it was ticketted
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Roger that
All the best getting it settled. Can't believe you can't phone in to process the charge
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:54 pm
Suspended

two quick questions if I may.

1) do you still can purchase missing miles or pay in cash for the award on 15USD/1K? It is showing up as 30 for me even thou I am only 5K short of miles for the trip I want to book after all my 100K+ LA flights

2) if I understand correctly my LH/TK flights would fly me some additional miles if I give my LM FQF number instead of MM, correct?

TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.