Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

US *A award on OZ: seats, hotels & extra charges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US *A award on OZ: seats, hotels & extra charges?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Peasant at large
Question US *A award on OZ: seats, hotels & extra charges?

Hi all,
Got a *A award reservation for SEA-ICN-SIN-KUL return in biz class next January. TPAC segments are on OZ while intra-Asia on SQ.

Looks like it'll be the 772 for my OZ flights and according to the Asiana aircraft refurbishing status thread, it'll be the refurbed metal which is great. I do have a few questions though and I did search but couldn't find definitive answers.
  1. I typically prefer bulkhead seats so nobody reclines into you but the newer C seats don't have that problem. Given that, is there a "better" place to be in C cabin? Aisle and window are fine. Just don't want to wake anybody or have anybody wake me going to/from the lav.
  2. Got an overnight layover in ICN between SEA-ICN and ICN-SIN. Does OZ provide hotel vouchers? If so, how do I get them? If not, any recommendations on where to spend the night? I've read about the Hyatt and the transit hotel. Just need a cheaper place to catch a nap and freshen up. The massage sounds nice too after 11hrs on the plane but not a big deal. Any other suggestions beside transit hotel?
  3. The US rep that made my reservation quoted me a minimal airport tax (~$70) for the award ticket. I'm still awaiting confirmation on the SQ run segments but will know for sure tomorrow. Are there any other charges beside this tax? I've read about OZ having fuel surcharges for its members redeeming award travel but the US agent said she wasn't aware of anything for my *A award travel. Will I be hit with a big fuel surcharge when I check in?

Thanks much.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:27 pm

1) Don't expect airlines to comp overnight hotels when on award tickets.

2) Fuel surcharges on award tickets don't apply to award tickets issued by US airlines.

Have a good trip!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by brahms77
1) Don't expect airlines to comp overnight hotels when on award tickets.

2) Fuel surcharges on award tickets don't apply to award tickets issued by US airlines.

Have a good trip!
No problem on the hotel. I didn't think they would distinguish between award tickets vs rev tickets but that's ok. Quite happy to pony up some change for a transit hotel or something in Incheon city. Might be interesting to check out the nightlife anyway.

Glad to hear about not taking a hit on fuel charges. It would've made it a very expensive award ticket.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.