Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

OZ Club Program Information requested

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2003, 11:35 am
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gustaf:
Does all *A partners count as status miles? Im flying alot of domestic with SAS in Sweden, on that route SAS credit 600 miles, how much would I get in Asiana?

Also wondering about the joint account in Asiana. Does the total amount of miles (from both accounts) count towards elite levels? For example 50k on each account gives ous both elite status?

Gustaf
</font>

Old Apr 24, 2003, 11:55 am
Patron

Does all *A partners count as status miles?
Effective March 1st 2004, every OZ Club mile you earn *A member flights will go towards your Elite status qualifications.

Im flying alot of domestic with SAS in Sweden, on that route SAS credit 600 miles, how much would I get in Asiana?
Actual miles flown.

Also wondering about the joint account in Asiana. Does the total amount of miles (from both accounts) count towards elite levels? For example 50k on each account gives ous both elite status?
No, but the Family Mileage Plan makes it easy for you and your family to share free travel. Simply enroll by providing the application form along with proof of family relationship. Up to five immediate family members may be registered and pool miles. Family members must be enrolled in the Asiana Club and sisters, brothers and in-laws are excluded (only immediate family members (3 generation lineal descendants and ascendants including Primary member) stated here shall enroll in the Family Mileage Plan; Self, Spouse, Parents, Grand Parents, Great Grand Parents, Son, Daughters-in-Law, Daughter, Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren).

Old Apr 26, 2003, 5:00 am

actually, you gain status starting now, not 2004, also the family plan is for Koreans only since they can prove family relationships, Any other country citizens just sign a paper and you can give your miles to anybody, even non-relatives. I gave my girlfriend 20K miles to get a free ticket. For example, I'm a US citizen, I can't think of an easy way to prove someone is my brother, sister, father or mother. There's no documentation like that but in Korea there is a family record you can get from the government to show Asiana.

Alex

[This message has been edited by moolman (edited 04-26-2003).]
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:05 pm
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by moolman:
actually, you gain status starting now, not 2004, ... </font>
There is no doubt about it. Looking at OZs Elite Qualifications procedere there is a change, effective March 1st 2004: Up to this date, the source of qualification is OZ and a limited amount of Partner Miles (depending of the level). From March 2004, the source of qualification is OZ and *A carriers.

Old May 7, 2003, 12:45 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Thanx for explaining Patron!

Gustaf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.