Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana from NRT to YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Asiana from NRT to YYZ

I know that in ICN my bags get sent thru and I do not have to go thru immigration etc. But I have never done a connection vis US and how does that work in the US?
Old May 4, 2024, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The United States does not have sterile airside transits. All passengers must clear immigration (with applicable visas if necessary) and then customs to set foot on U.S. soil.

Once clearing customs, many airlines have arrangements whereby connecting passengers may immediately return their baggage for onward connecting flights.

After exiting immigration and customs, one will be landslide, and need to clear a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint to return airside.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Thanks I have 7 and half hours and I do not need visa either and I am getting more inclined towards Asiana after experiencing a not as expected flight on BR. The seat was getting uncomfortable, the lamb rack was unpalatable as it was so had and had so much fat in it. They did not have any cheese to serve either. Then the Amenity kit has gone down one more town. The Rimowa was great and then I think it was Hermes and now it look it is D &G and the bags kept getting smaller.
Now I see no difference between EVA and any other airline so looking at Asiana now.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.