Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Non Refundable Ticket Refund [Family member ill]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Non Refundable Ticket Refund [Family member ill]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Asiana Non Refundable Ticket Refund [Family member ill]

Hello everyone,

I purchased tickets with Asiana from San Francisco>South Korea>Philippines from March 1-16 but might not be able to make it since my grandma is terminally sick and need to watch over her.

Will I able to get a full or partial refund? Will the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card benefits cover my refund?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

Hopefully you have taken out travel insurance that covers this.

You have to approach AMEX to find out if refund is covered in case of illness of close relatives.
martymcflyby likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
@martymcflyby, welcome to Flyertalk.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the OZ forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:45 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Most, if not all, OZ fares ex US are refundable against a penalty so first stop is to cancel your ticket. OZ only waive the cancel fee in case of death where a death certificate can be produced.

I don’t think your AMEX covers cancelled travel due to illness of family member so unless you have travel insurance via other means then you may just have to eat the cancel fee.
martymcflyby and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpfulness guys and sorry moderator for posting on the wrong page.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
When I cancelled recently the penalty was $300.
martymcflyby likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daawgon
When I cancelled recently the penalty was $300.
thanks for the reply. Still waiting for their reply. They said they will reply to the refund email within 2-3 business days, it is the third day already. So hopefully. May I ask if you requested for the refund 30 days before your ticket expiration?

Thanks bud

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.