Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Transition to Asiana Club from SQ Krisflyer Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold;IHG Plat

Hi good people on FT,
I am currently a SQ Krisflyer Gold Member but plan to shift to Asiana Club. I want to start crediting miles to OZ while enjoying the *A benefits from SQ. Is there a way to do this?

I value priority baggage handling most. Lounge access and priority boarding are nice to have.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Techincally yes. You can use a *G card for lounge entrance and priority benefits without having your # in the system. You need a physical SQ *G card for this.

In reality this is risky. There have been many threads on FT when an agent accidentally ended up changing a person's FF # to the one they meant to use just for elite benefits.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
Techincally yes. You can use a *G card for lounge entrance and priority benefits without having your # in the system. You need a physical SQ *G card for this.

In reality this is risky. There have been many threads on FT when an agent accidentally ended up changing a person's FF # to the one they meant to use just for elite benefits.
The best defense against this is to intentionally "lose" your BP at the gate and ask for a new one printed off so you can verify that the right number is there. Of course this doesn't work in India or mainland China.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
👆carry your KFGold card, but put your Asiana FPP number on the ticket!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold;IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
👆carry your KFGold card, but put your Asiana FPP number on the ticket!
If this is case, I think lounge access should be fine. But will I be able to enjoy priority baggage handling upon checking in?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:52 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by wasabi8822
If this is case, I think lounge access should be fine. But will I be able to enjoy priority baggage handling upon checking in?
You won't get the Star Gold luggage allowance unless you put your Singapore Airline number in it.

So you could put your Singapore Airline number in at check in and then lounge. Go to the gate ealier and then ask them to put your Asiana Airline number in and print a new boarding pass.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
In any case, this won't be a problem for long. *G is relatively easy to reach with OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.