Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana removing majority of F class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana removing majority of F class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:01 pm

Although I'm kinda sad to see F getting phased out from OZ (and other airlines as well), it makes sense for them.
OZ is one of my favorite Asian carriers, and I hope OZ will stop the bleeding one day and finally make some money.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
A few years ago the airline wasn't making money and placed the blame on high fuel costs. Well today, the fuel costs have dropped significantly and yet they still can't turn a profit.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:46 pm

Hope Oz comes out of their situation relatively unscathed.

Originally Posted by nme7
A few years ago the airline wasn't making money and placed the blame on high fuel costs. Well today, the fuel costs have dropped significantly and yet they still can't turn a profit.
Not sure at what price Oz hedged the fuel price.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Also, why is HE flying economy? Seriously? He doesn't get better in his contract? He's not exactly some k pop tartlette.
He paid from his pocket, and flying business would not have been good for his image since it was not sponsored. Being upgraded, I guess, that's fine...
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
I saw one reference to the first class ICN lounge but has anybody heard...will the lounge remain open? Will there be any broader admission policy?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
I saw one reference to the first class ICN lounge but has anybody heard...will the lounge remain open? Will there be any broader admission policy?
I'm pretty sure the first class lounge will remain open since OZ is not totally shutting down the whole first class network.

Why would there be any broader admission policy?
The first class lounge is already too crowded with top tiers and people flying *A first class.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I'm pretty sure the first class lounge will remain open since OZ is not totally shutting down the whole first class network.

Why would there be any broader admission policy?
The first class lounge is already too crowded with top tiers and people flying *A first class.
I've only been there once and was the only when there for a while first thing in the morning. Several hours later only a few people were inside. But yeah, if it's normally crowded maybe the reduction in F seats would make it properly comfortable.
That aside...are there any flights within Asia that would get me access? It's a lovely lounge and I'd love to return but just not finding First Class on any *Alliance.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:43 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
SQ 15 to Singapore has F and should give access.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by THD
... but not available on any miles other than SQ Krisflyer.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:06 pm

That's great! Thank you.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Which routes will kepp First?

FRA/LAX/JFK?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
I´m considering an *A-awardtrip in march FRA-ICN in F. Anyone know if 744 would still be around? They are selling F in march, but I was downgraded at OZ before, so have no illusions that their webpage are up to date.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by THD
Technically, the SQ F passengers should be able to access the F lounge at the Main Terminal but most would be going to the Concourse for access. Same goes for other Star Alliance F passengers.

Likewise, all of airlines using OZ's F lounge on a contract basis (e.g. BA F passengers) will also be heading to the Concourse for access.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:37 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
I´m considering an *A-awardtrip in march FRA-ICN in F. Anyone know if 744 would still be around? They are selling F in march, but I was downgraded at OZ before, so have no illusions that their webpage are up to date.
Replacing the 744 on the FRA route will occur when OZ receive further A380s. This will not happen by March 2016, so the current schedule with the 744 and F should operate.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: CX DM, OZ Diamond+, JAL JMB Nobody
Originally Posted by mitwg
Technically, the SQ F passengers should be able to access the F lounge at the Main Terminal but most would be going to the Concourse for access. Same goes for other Star Alliance F passengers.

Likewise, all of airlines using OZ's F lounge on a contract basis (e.g. BA F passengers) will also be heading to the Concourse for access.
Strictly anecdotal but the few times I've been in the OZ F lounge it's been nearly all Korean passengers, most likely flying OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.