Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone book an Etihad award recently?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
So can other Star Alliance partners be combined with Etihad? Looking at AUH-LHR-YYZ with EY/AC..
Can only be combined with OZ.
Originally Posted by 1353513636
How was that allowed? It must be way over MPM.
Not sure, but no longer possible in any case.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Just blocked SIN-AUH-LHR in First on EY, with 75K miles o/w per person, and agent mentioned that taxes + fees would be ~365,000 krw per person; I didn't realize OZ passed on YQ when booking EY awards? In the scheme of things the YQ charge is ok and redemption value is still great, but lower/no YQ would have been better! Is YQ passed on for all EY redemption routes or just a few routes like AUH-LHR etc?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
We had to pay ~500$ per person in YQ/taxes for AUH-CDG when booking via OZ.
I believe that OZ has always passed on YQ, but Etihad didn’t charge YQ earlier, or at least not this high.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
We had to pay ~500$ per person in YQ/taxes for AUH-CDG when booking via OZ.
I believe that OZ has always passed on YQ, but Etihad didn’t charge YQ earlier, or at least not this high.
ah that makes more sense, I vaguely recall reading someone posting low taxes+fees for SYD-AUH-LHR, oh well thanks for clarifying!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It’s probably something EY does now because of the dire financial situation they’re in.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:56 pm

OZ has passed on the EY YQ for at least 18 months, if not more.

Unlike the YQ for redeeming EY miles (which involves a fixed amount of around 200USD per sector for F/J), OZ charges whatever the YQ for the paid fare is. Ex-LHR, since EY does not charge YQ for paid fares, OZ does not charge them either. Ex-AUH, it can be pretty high, around USD 450 per sector.

Best way is to check ITA Matrix.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
OZ has passed on the EY YQ for at least 18 months, if not more.

Unlike the YQ for redeeming EY miles (which involves a fixed amount of around 200USD per sector for F/J), OZ charges whatever the YQ for the paid fare is. Ex-LHR, since EY does not charge YQ for paid fares, OZ does not charge them either. Ex-AUH, it can be pretty high, around USD 450 per sector.

Best way is to check ITA Matrix.
Oh wow, Ex-LHR there's no YQ? Wouldn't APD also inflate the cost in that example so any savings from no/low YQ is erased?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:41 pm

Trying to ticket my reservation which is currently on hold, US office just told me they can't ticket Mileage Club awards on public holidays - though the agent said she can ticket revenue fares - told me to call back tomorrow. Is the US office the only one that can ticket the Korean office award reservation? Or will Singapore/Australia offices be able to do the job too? Would rather get this ticketed immediately today instead of waiting another day to ring the US office..
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:46 pm

You can try reservationgermany <AT> flyasiana <DOT> com or +49 69 92 10 19 0, that's their German office. However, it's obviously closed at the moment since it's close to 11pm there. I guess they'll open in 8-9 hours.
cuzzybro likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
You can try reservationgermany <AT> flyasiana <DOT> com or +49 69 92 10 19 0, that's their German office. However, it's obviously closed at the moment since it's close to 11pm there. I guess they'll open in 8-9 hours.
Thanks, I ended up calling the Sydney office and getting it ticketed, was pretty painless aside from filling out a redemption form and non-securely emailing my credit card details .

On that note, my Mileage Club account has two line items in activity now: 1. SIN-AUH (37.5K) used, and 2. AUH-LHR (37.5K used) adding up to 75K for one way Southeast Asia to Europe as per Partner mileage chart; does this also mean that I can do mixed cabin SIN-AUH (EY J)and AUH-LHR (EY F) for 66,250 miles (115,000/4 + 150,000/4)? Or will Asiana price it as two separate awards as S.E.Asia to Middle East in Business one way + Middle East to Europe in First one way?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Trying to book separate EY and QR awards but the LAX office was convinced neither of them are redeeming partners. After some back and forth they conceded that both airlines are still partners but can't see the schedules at all on their end. I'm inclined to believe that the EY partnership still exists (based on this thread), but does anyone know if redeeming is still possible on QR?

The only caveat I see on the Asiana website is AUH-JFK isn't permitted anymore.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:34 pm

Try:

reservationgermany AT flyasiana DOT com

They were very helpful when I was in touch with them a year ago or so.
SilverChris likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Trying to book separate EY and QR awards but the LAX office was convinced neither of them are redeeming partners. After some back and forth they conceded that both airlines are still partners but can't see the schedules at all on their end. I'm inclined to believe that the EY partnership still exists (based on this thread), but does anyone know if redeeming is still possible on QR?

The only caveat I see on the Asiana website is AUH-JFK isn't permitted anymore.
I believe the QR partnership was scaled back to include only the ICN/DOH route some years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.