Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Bookings Online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by yewgene
+100
I feel you guys. On the plus, side, however, SQ at least does not charge ridiculous amounts extra for a semi-flex or full-flex fare that earns full miles and is upgradable. Also, I wish OZ would look at the SQ booking engine to see how an airline website is done right.

With the OZ FFP, getting 100% miles is not an issue, but getting an upgradable fare requires a 400-500 dollar investment for my flights from FRA-ICN.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Now I cannot access to Star alliance award booking as per link -
http://us.flyasiana.com/I/en/Redempt...I&BIZType=STAR

Is it just a temporary thing?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: OZ, SQ
Same here, i can only access the korean site.
Did anybody find a solution to book a Star Alliance Award online for
Non-korean speakers on the OZ website? Thanks for answering!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by MJ_777
Same here, i can only access the korean site.
Did anybody find a solution to book a Star Alliance Award online for
Non-korean speakers on the OZ website? Thanks for answering!
I just booked a redemption today. I opened the Korean site in Google Chrome and let it translate the page into English. A little slow but it works.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by seanpodge
I just booked a redemption today. I opened the Korean site in Google Chrome and let it translate the page into English. A little slow but it works.
Thank you, that works well for me, except for the payment.
Do you own a korean creditcard or did you find a way using an overseas Visa/ Mastercard?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:37 pm

Thank you, that works well for me, except for the payment.
Do you own a korean creditcard or did you find a way using an overseas Visa/ Mastercard?
I don't have a Korean card. Towards the bottom of the payment page is a dark grey box that says something like pay later. You can then confirm the reservation and have three/four days to pay. Re-login to Asiana Club, look up "My Reservations" (or similar) and find the reservation and click the link. Then you can choose to pay by foreign credit card (Visa/MC and something else) and pay.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by seanpodge
I don't have a Korean card. Towards the bottom of the payment page is a dark grey box that says something like pay later. You can then confirm the reservation and have three/four days to pay. Re-login to Asiana Club, look up "My Reservations" (or similar) and find the reservation and click the link. Then you can choose to pay by foreign credit card (Visa/MC and something else) and pay.

Found that dark grey box, translated by Chrome as 'after completing your reservation later'
Thank you so much, that is a great workaround^
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:36 pm

Found that dark grey box, translated by Chrome as 'after completing your reservation later'
Thank you so much, that is a great workaround^
No problem.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Thank you very much for the information.
Very strange they keep it to the 'Korea - Korean language' version only, not even for 'Korea - English language'.
Wonder what make them remove it from the 'US - English language' version. It was very helpful.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Does anyone know what the updated link of this tool is? Cannot find it or get it to work and having difficulty as a non-Korean speaker. I just want to go into the website to check for availability. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Does anyone know what the updated link of this tool is? Cannot find it or get it to work and having difficulty as a non-Korean speaker. I just want to go into the website to check for availability. Thanks!
The English page no longer works and don't think there's a new link — I use google translate instead and it works pretty well. Also most of the fields are rather intuitive (e.g. first section is from/to/date, second section to choose the traveller, and the checkboxes at the bottom are to select Y/C/F/all classes).

But if you're merely checking for *A availability then I'd recommend using the UA site instead (or AC/NH) — searching is way easier there and (by right) you get the same results.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:30 pm

Many airline frequent flyer awards, like Asiana do not allow international stopovers of over 24 hrs....requiring a separate award if over 24 hrs stopovers. But most airlines usually do allow international connections/transfers if less than 24 hrs. How does Asiana handle this for Star Alliance partner awards? For an example, flying SAV to IAD with a 3 hr connection time (domestic); then flying IAD to FRA with a 9 hr. connection time (international); then flying FRA to JNB. Is this 1 award ticket @ 80,000 miles in First class... or 3? Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:30 pm

Asiana Star Alliance award - 1 or 3 tickets?

Many airline frequent flyer awards, like Asiana do not allow international stopovers of over 24 hrs....requiring a separate award if over 24 hrs stopovers. But most airlines usually do allow international connections/transfers if less than 24 hrs. How does Asiana handle this for Star Alliance partner awards? For an example, flying SAV to IAD with a 3 hr connection time (domestic); then flying IAD to FRA with a 9 hr. connection time (international); then flying FRA to JNB. Is this 1 award ticket @ 80,000 miles in First class... or 3? Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tarkaboy
1 ticket @ 80,000 miles one-way
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:32 pm

Award flights.

Hey, i was wondering how to book award flights on star alliance airlines.
What is the process like and how is availability?
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.