Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Bookings Online

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Sorry, I'm rambling now, but this was a little bit aside from my previous post.

So as I said I'm looking for MDE-BOG/PTY (it's a 1 stop flight)-IST-SHJ. On Nov 1 I see availability on the OZ booking engine for MDE-PTY with 1 stop, crazy early in the morning. So I searched MDE-BOG, there's a bunch of early am flights, but nothing after like 0800. Now that's entirely possible, but there's like 20 flights a day and I'm almost a year out, plus other things are making me wonder what's going on. But then I scroll down and there's 1 stop options. MDE-PTY-BOG, on PM flights. What the hell is this? So I have a couple questions if anyone can shed some light.

1. Is this just a ridiculous married segment situation? Why would they "sell" me a MDE-PTY-BOG but then also only wanna sell me MDE-BOG-PTY? They show no availability for the same flights from Copa in a direct search.

2. I notice there's a button that says "exclude sold out flights"...but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I did turn up a search that said no availability. So I know it exists. Is there a chance OZ would sell me an award ticket, then essentially revoke it because the seats weren't really available in the first place? I noticed there's also a warning that said something to the effect of "if the flight is sold out your ticket may be cancelled". I really wouldn't wanna have anything like that happen.

Edit: The exact quote was "when reserving a Star Mileage Ticket, reservations may be restricted in accordance with the respective airline's sales policies, even if there are seats available". This is pretty vague but also very foreboding in my mind.

Also $420 CAD seems a bit steep for the taxes, including $237 in YQ, especially since AP/UA don't charge YQ on any of the airlines in question, but 80,000 miles is pretty reasonable if I can actually get this booked.

Last edited by drvannostren; Jan 4, 2020 at 6:30 am
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Could anyone offer some insight as to Asiana award availability on other Star Alliance carriers generally? I'm curious if 30-40k miles would go a longer way with Asiana than with Turkish Miles & Smiles, which seems to have poor availability as a rule.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Could anyone offer some insight as to Asiana award availability on other Star Alliance carriers generally? I'm curious if 30-40k miles would go a longer way with Asiana than with Turkish Miles & Smiles, which seems to have poor availability as a rule.
Currently searching for a trip to Europe this year from Seoul - I can say that the availabilty is not good. Asiana is notorious for being stingy with award seats. They keep trying to push Chinese airline routings on me. I do get one Turkish option, but not for every European city I search. Truly varies.

As an aside - even for their own program, I'm looking for seats for Barcelona in November - they're already gone for the initial date I wanted. They only release like 5. All in all, program seems tight. This is literally my first redemption attempt though.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
Use the following link. Enter your credential to access your account and it should take you straight to the Star Alliance award tickets search.
https://flyasiana.com/I/KR/EN/Redemp...egistTravel.do
Works. Perfect.
Thx
flyvirgin and erik19283 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:19 am

Is the online booking engine accurate? I see just one option available for the routes I'm searching and Aeroplan seems to have a lot more options.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Ok, I've made an online booking, and now need to cancel it (sadly what I was traveling for has been canceled due to coronavirus). I know I can cancel with no penalty online - the only problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel online when I pull up my record. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Does anyone knows what are the award booking rules? For example, how many stopovers are allowed (if any), how many segments, how long can layovers be (up to 24h?) etc. I'm interested in both one-way and return awards.

I'm asking because online tool doesn't show long connection and several segments I was able to find while searching each segment separately.

Is it worth and is it possible to call Asiana and give them flights one by one to try to book a complex award?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by PHL_Intl.
Works. Perfect.
Thx
Did you use this just to search star alliance bookings and then call in to book? Or did you book online as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.