Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Seoul to LAX on Asiana - question please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:12 am
mlm
Original Poster

I'm considering booking a one way flight from Seoul to LAX in Business Class for March 2014. The aircraft listed is 777-200. I looked on seat guru and it appears there are several versions of this aircraft. Hoping someone who has travelled between Seoul and LAX can tell me if the seats are lay flat or angeled in Business Class. I can not find a USA phone number to contact a representative so hoping I can get the answer here. Also, are Western meals an option?
Thank you.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Lay flat. (unless there is a rare aircraft swap) Yes of course western meals are an option.

On the 747 it's angled flat
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mlm
I'm considering booking a one way flight from Seoul to LAX in Business Class for March 2014. The aircraft listed is 777-200. I looked on seat guru and it appears there are several versions of this aircraft. Hoping someone who has travelled between Seoul and LAX can tell me if the seats are lay flat or angeled in Business Class.
Lie flat (Quadra Smartium). Good product.

I can not find a USA phone number to contact a representative so hoping I can get the answer here.
(213) 365-4500 (Los Angeles reservations office).

Also, are Western meals an option?
Yes.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
As pointed out by others, they are usually lay flat. But do bear in mind that the plane can change many times over by he time of your flight (just look at the two most popular threads for plenty of examples).
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:14 am
mlm
Original Poster

thank you very much! I am also hoping the middle section in Biz Class has only 2 seats together, not 3 across.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 8:30 pm

It's a staggered 1-2-1, so the centre alternates between two seats together (for people travelling together) or two seats apart (next to the aisle) with a table/fixture in between.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:43 am
mlm
Original Poster

I will book award seats to LAX using my UAL miles and now realize I may have a choice and enough f.f. miles to choose between 747-400 First class OR 777-200LR Business Class.

Which would you chose? Is First Class worth the extra 10,000 f.f. miles? I'm traveling with my spouse.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:55 am

For 10K it's a no-brainer IMO.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:49 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I'd agree. If you can snag an F seat on Asiana, I'd book it.

In my opinion, it's among the top 3 of star alliance in terms of food and beverage, wine list and hard product to be surpassed maybe by the suites products on SQ and their own suites.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mlm
I will book award seats to LAX using my UAL miles and now realize I may have a choice and enough f.f. miles to choose between 747-400 First class OR 777-200LR Business Class.

Which would you chose? Is First Class worth the extra 10,000 f.f. miles? I'm traveling with my spouse.
Enough miles and avaibility is a totally different thing, I suggest you check to see if there are 2 F seats available first before consider anything.

2 C seats are possible, but 2 F seats are hard to get especially for ICN-LAX.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
2 C seats are possible, but 2 F seats are hard to get especially for ICN-LAX.
I've been able to get 2 F seats on the ICN-LAX-ICN route several times without much hassle, though those were with BD or OZ miles, not with UA miles, so don't know if there might be a difference due to that. The ICN-JFK and vv. route is the tough one, where I've never seen a single instance of 2 F seats being available. I think it's just their policy to only make one F award seat available on that route. Anyways, provided you're booking well in advance and have some flexibility, I don't think ICN-LAX should be too difficult.

And yes, by all means, book F for 10K more miles. As it's already been said, that's a no-brainer.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:35 pm

I've seen two seats on both lax and jfk before...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:06 am
mlm
Original Poster

There are 2 First Class seats available from Seoul to LAX on 747-400. I just want to make sure that these are 180 degree lay flat seats and NOT the angled seats. I think some reports I've read may be older when they were angled seats, hopefully NOW they are lie flat.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mlm
There are 2 First Class seats available from Seoul to LAX on 747-400. I just want to make sure that these are 180 degree lay flat seats and NOT the angled seats. I think some reports I've read may be older when they were angled seats, hopefully NOW they are lie flat.
Not sure what reports you read ( you were either reading other airlines or C class trip report), as even before this generation of F seats on 744, the one before was also horizontal flat in F, it was 2+2, with one button to control the recline at 90 degrees, and one button to control the legrest to go up 90 degrees, no AVOD and movies played in a loop.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:09 pm

Quick question, does anyone know if Asiana has any plans of doing away with the angle seats in business class anytime soon for ICN-LAX (OZ202) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.