Plane change at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
Plane change at ICN

Looking for some help please.

Flying from NRT to SIN via ICN, all with OZ

The schedule has been changed and now when we change at ICN we have 1hr 10mins only between scheduled landing and scheduled departure.

Is this a crazy time or is it possible to achieve this with the usual efficiency of the Korean's?

The route shows as valid booking on *A website but we don't want to end up stuck in ICN when we need to be in Singapore.

many thanks, Gordies
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
I had a pretty tight connection time once when connecting through ICN, about the same amount of time as I recall. I was able to make it without too much of a problem, and that was even considering that my flight going to ICN arrived a little late. Just make sure you go straight to your gate after leaving security and, barring any major delays, you should be fine.

Edit: Oh, and ICN is very well laid out as an airport. Asiana only uses less then half of the main terminal , so you shouldn't have to walk too far to get to your gate once you clear security.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I've made this connection in 18 minutes before when my flight arrived late into ICN from SFO. I went from gate 43, through transfer security, and up to gate 39. I didn't have to run or anything and made it just fine. Probably helped that I was the first person to the transfer security. ICN is a very easy airport to transfer through, and even more so since you're all on OZ.

They probably were holding my connecting flight for a bit too, but either way I made it door-to-door in about 10-12 minutes.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
thanks guys, that gives us hope
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
1 hrs 10 min is okay at ICN. I have made 55 mins connection with ease.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
If your incoming flight is running late, they will often have an Asiana rep waiting at the gate holding a sign for your flight. I've seen this several times when arriving ICN from China when the flight has been delayed due to ATC.

Otherwise as others say, 70 mins is a breeze to change at ICN.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:46 am

The security checkpoint at ICN is a nightmare sometimes.
It can be chock-full of people and can take a long time when all the international flights come in at once.

But 70 mins should be enough time.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I've done that before with 45 minutes.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
You should have enough time as OZ to OZ doesn't require change of terminals.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
I've done 45 minute and 1 hour connections before and it's a rush but can be done. Depends when you land (and if in F or C) as there can sometimes be a bottleneck at transit security, esp around late afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.