Wiki Posts
Search

Awful Asiana lounge at HKG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by hairpeace
Because it seemed at the time that a vast majority of reading material in the lounge was copies of PAL's Mabuhay Miles magazine.
Any share/contract lounges always have the contract airlines materials inside the lounge during those hours when those contract airlines have flights departing. RCC at SFO international terminal in the past always have NH materials too, but is that a NH lounge from your logic ?

Besides, the entrance of that lounge already said China National Aviation Coporation and in big chinese characters. I don't think anyone would mistaken it is not a chinese airlines lounge especially someone used to be a MPC member. Btw, CNAC is the former CAAC, aka Air China.

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
You were at this lounge and it is the CNAC lounge.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Asiana Diamond+, CX Silver
Just came back from HKG on OZ

1. Confirmed that they are indeed using CNOC lounge and not Dragon Air lounge anymore (aka G16 lounge)
2. Contacted Asiana to say that the quality of CNOC lounge isn't up to par with G16 lounge
3. Asiana responded within hours to say that it wasn't OZ that terminated lounge contract but rather Dragon Air who wanted to have an exclusive lounge for their passengers only.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:36 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by chantheguy
Just came back from HKG on OZ

1. Confirmed that they are indeed using CNOC lounge and not Dragon Air lounge anymore (aka G16 lounge)
2. Contacted Asiana to say that the quality of CNOC lounge isn't up to par with G16 lounge
3. Asiana responded within hours to say that it wasn't OZ that terminated lounge contract but rather Dragon Air who wanted to have an exclusive lounge for their passengers only.
Interesting. I wonder if that's the reason OZ isn't contracting with SQ either since it's such a small lounge already.

LAX
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:06 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
One of those situations where I am still grumpy about not having QF anytime lounge access anymore.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hairpeace
I usually use the SQ or TG lounges, but had a very early (00:30) departure to Incheon and was forced to use the lounge Asiana shares with the likes of Philippine Airlines.

It was a horrifying experience -- No decent food or drink to speak of. Pre-scooped (!) Häagen-Dazs sat in glass bowls within a dingy-looking cooler. Customer service non-existent. Bathrooms only passably clean.

Asiana can do better than to use this lounge. Didn't they formerly use the G16 lounge (CX, KA)? What happened?

Whatever the case may be, this lounge is an utter disgrace to OZ as an airline. And as a very frequent flier with OZ, I am doubly disappointed...
SA or TG lounge is better...
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Any share/contract lounges always have the contract airlines materials inside the lounge during those hours when those contract airlines have flights departing.
??? Share/contract lounges seem to have out for the most part what's in stock.

I am sure the better run ones try their best to put out relevant newspapers when provided and relevant material when provided.

You may want to review your use of the word 'always' in your post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.